Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Moola Bandha question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Inner_silence

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is my first time posting here. Thanks so much to Yogani and this forum for everything.

I have a question on Moola Bandha. When I practice this yoga technique I can feel a beam of energy going up the spine to the base of the skull and then onward to the brow. Is this an expected result of practicing this lock ? If not, what is the purpose of this practice.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  11:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Inner Silence and welcome to the AYP forums!

In my opinion, mulabandha is "designed" both to stimulate the kundalini energy at the base of the spine as well as to direct it up the sushumna (spinal nerve). Sounds like it is working as it's supposed to for you.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  03:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Inner Silence,

Welcome to the Forum. What are your current practices? Are you practicing Mulabandha together with other practices or in isolation?

But yes - looks like you are getting the right effect.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Inner_silence

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  05:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CarsonZi and SeySorciere.

I practice spinal breathing + deep meditation.

Moola bandha is a side effect (i.e, I have the urge to do it at random times).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000