Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Fireworks in the head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zack

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
This is my first post on this lovely forum!
I have been practising spinal breathing (5 min) and deep meditation (10 min) twice a day for the last 5-6 years. This has been great and I have found inner peace. However, for one year now I have been experiencing these “electric shocks sensations” in my head (mainly located to my forehead) often together with pressure and a “sucking-feeling”. I have been through worse things in life but it can be quite painful and distracting (making it hard to sleep and read books for instance).
I have stoped all my spiritual practises because of this for a while.
Is this kundalini? Will it stabilize over time? Any advise to make this phenomena calm down would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  09:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zack, good to have you here!
While I have not experienced what you describe, I have had persistent pressure in my head (this was before ayp, and it resolved in a week after stopping practice) and more recently minor but quite tangible symptoms of unusual tingling sensations during both spinal breathing and deep meditation mostly at crown and some at third eye. I found Lesson 230 of the book reassuring, as well as the general rule of thumb from the support forum postings book saying "if symptoms during practice are manageable, and daily activity is good, then it is okay to continue that way."

In your case, giving it time away from practice to balance out and verifying with the experience of others (especially about a sucking-feeling at crown) are steps that will likely be in your favor in the long run.

If you do other practices outside what you describe, it could be throwing your otherwise steady pace and wonderful momentum out of line. Also, the part about oversensitivity might also be worthwhile to check on if you haven't yet as it relates to your routine length, pace of new additions and so on.

Please do keep us posted on how it fares out.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4447 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  11:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zack,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, this is kundalini. The electric shock sensations at the brow are symptoms of the third eye opening, and yes, over time they become more stable and stop being painful. The sucking sensation is also part of this.

If it is uncomfortable for you, then cut back on your practice times for a while. If you do this, I would cut back on SBP first, as it is a primary cause of third eye opening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

zack

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  4:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your helpful answers! Its always helpful to know whats going on. Although I have cut back on practices for a while I have a hard time putting my mind on every day stuff that is not concerned with liberation and spirituality. Self pacing can be quite a challange and a envy people that have a gradually progress towards liberation (if this is really possible in practice). I suspect that learning to live with and accepting discomforts will be a big part of my journey towards liberation.
Zack
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  04:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zack,

you've already got some good advice, but maybe it will help to implement the solar centering enhancement described here:http://www.aypsite.org/368.html. It works great for calming down symptoms in the head :) Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

zack

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  04:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Medea! I will scheck it out.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  2:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lesson 81 talks about discomfort and pressing too hard ahead. There are also some practices (Yoni Chin Pump) that are said to help and also bring down energy, but doing so too early or in conditions of possible overloads could result in aggravating them or running in circles with micromanagement. Though it might be tricky at times, usually it is helpful to listen to your body's needs given its "unique matrix of obstructions" and tolerance levels that also change over time. Lesson 94 also has a bit that might be helpful to revisit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000