Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Hi Everyone.. I am new to this forum:-)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  6:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi Everyone,

So glad to have found this site of like minded people.

Been meditating for about 22 years. I was initiated into Kriya yoga by Lahiri Shibendu in 1996. I took a break from Kriya while I was doing more bhakti practices and now I am practicing Kriya again.

Doing the spinal breathing and working on getting to Kecheri Mudra.

Been working on doing the natural way. I'm not too sure about snipping... emmmm..

My frenum is pretty sore from doing my tongue aerobics. Has anyone here freed their tongue the natural way?? and how long does it take on average?

Many thanks

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  9:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Babaly,
Thank you for joing us. I am glad you like the spinal breathing. I hope you will try out the deep meditation too.. Spinal breathing and deep meditation work really well together...

You can check out this threads to read on kacheri without snipping.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=769

However there are many methods to snip without too much pain that work very well. You can look up lessons
http://www.aypsite.org/108.html
http://www.aypsite.org/205.html

These threads too have a lot of info..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=359
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=497
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=888

There are many more. Just do a search site for frenum, Kacheri.
I hope these help you.
-Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  12:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Babaly,
"So glad to have found this site of like minded people." I know, I feel the same way. I am glad you found it. These people here are a wonderful bunch.
My tongue has been freed without the snipping. I have spent the last two years with my tongue only touching the roof of the mouth. I think in that time the tongue was slowly and gradually stretching out. Now, it just keeps moving further and further up in a matter of days. -Hunter

Edited by - Hunter on May 03 2006 12:18:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  01:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I developed kechari without snipping. It seems to be something that comes naturally to some and not others. Both my son and brother can do it but for them it is just play, not for any practice. Others have spent years trying without success. Seems to be avery personal thing, much like lotus posture. Unfortunately there is no snip to use as a shortcut to lotus
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  03:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Babaly! I'm glad that you're here, and that you've brought up the subject of to snip or not to snip. I say snip away. If you think about some of the other body parts that get snipped or pierced, it's not so unnatural, and unlike those other minor mutilations, this one has a higher purpose. You'll have a big support group here if you decide to go for it.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  07:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Babaly

Keep us posted on the "snipping". I haven't done it either.

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Vicki

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  2:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vicki's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Babaly,

I worked on kechari the natural way and it took me 17 months to achieve it. I had increased my talabya kriya practise by quite a lot for the last few months and tried not to practise with any expectation in mind. When it did happen it was preceded with a nasty throat infection which on reflection I feel was a cleansing process. I'd advise to not get too hung up on how long it will take, try to 'let go' of the urge to control and trust in what will be....Good luck with it!

V
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  9:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Everyone for your generous welcome. It means alot.

Vicki, it so nice to see someone from Dublin.... as it's where I am from:-)I will take your advice close to heart. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Hairakhan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  11:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hairakhan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Babaly Mother,

There is no need to snip or cut the frenum. In fact, Lahiri Mahasay, the great householder Guru, explicitly forbade his disciples to do it. Don't worry about snipping, only practice your Kriya with the tongue rolled back in khechari to whatever extent you are able. It will happen when it is time.

hairakhan
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  2:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hairakhan,

Thanks so much for your words. I will follow your advice and just keep on with my Kechari Mudra the way it is. Your words were very calming to me.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  3:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Babaly,

Welcome to the forum. Dublin is now very well-represented, with Louis (sparkle) also a Dubliner.

You checked out those lessons and posts? I hope you understand that you are under no pressure to snip your frenum.

In fact, Lahiri Mahasay, the great householder Guru, explicitly forbade his disciples to do it.

Also, if and when the time comes when you might wish to snip your frenum, (and it may well not and that would be fine) keep in mind that Lahiri Mahasay did not forbid you to do it. Or anyone else on this forum.

Edited by - david_obsidian on May 09 2006 3:52:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  4:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good one, David. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  4:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Babaly :)
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  5:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you're here Babaly. I neither snip nor strain my tongue. I'm fascinated by the fact that some, like Victor's son and brother, can do Kacheri so easily. I cannot. However, for me, mental awareness of Kacheri is enough to stimulate that zone to a pleasant degree.

Edited by - bewell on May 09 2006 5:31:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000