Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 humming sound in ears
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

napo897

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  1:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi! This is the first time I post. I started. Doing deep maaeditation about a month and a half ago. Then incorporated spinal breathing pranayama about two weeks after. I was doing my spinal breathing pranayama this past Tuesday and had an experience that's affecting my life in a negative way. During deep meditation I felt like energy was rising and that I was going to loose control. I don't like loosing control, however I kept at it and had to start breathing hard until it started subsiding and I then opened my eyes and stopped. After this spinal breathing/meditation session I've been feeling restlessness, was not able to sleep for several days, and my body shivers.Also my head feels weard and there is this humming sound I hear in my ears that won't go away. I stopped doing meditation since I had that experience, the symptoms have not gone away, my question is how long does it take for them to go away. Do I need to do something for them to go away? Please help. I feel pretty bad.

Napo

jyoteekat

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  1:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First of all, a lot of physical activity may help. Also try doing a whole lot of mulabandha in a very patient and relaxed way. Hold the contractions of the muscles in mulabandha 2 or 3 seconds then release. Above all don't be in a hurry. The point is be very relaxed and feel that relaxation at the point between the eyebrows.

You might also try what Gopi Krishna did, practice Sitali pranayama (cooling breath)and breathe through the left nostril.

How long does it take to go away? That I can't answer.

Hope this helps, Best Regards and Blessings.
Allen
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  5:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Napo,

This is the beginning of the awakening of kundalini energy. Do plenty of grounding work (walking, gardening, etc), and stay active. Most of your symptoms should subside fairly quickly if you do this. Some things may last a while, such as your body shivering (shaking) and the sound in your head. But you will get used to it and it won't bother you after a while. None of these things will last forever.
Although it may feel uncomfortable for you know, it is actually a sign that some good things are happening, and is the beginning of a whole new adventure.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  11:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Napo,

Excellent advice from Christi. When you feel comfortable enough to go back to your practice, cut back on the time Pranayama - say 5 mins only; cut back more if necessary and proceed with caution. Read up on the lesson on self-pacing - sorry, I am horrible at remembering which lesson teaches what. Someone else could chip in?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  01:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear napo
as SeySorciere said self pacing might be needed,all lessons concerning all of ayp practices emphasize self pacing...the following one in particular
http://www.aypsite.org/38.html
everything is gona be all right
all the best
Go to Top of Page

napo897

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  1:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First of all I would like to thank you guys for your support. Thank you so much. I was doing 10 minutes of spinal breathing pranayama and 20 minutes of meditation twice a day. I never felt any disconfort or any negative symptoms since I had started doing deep meditation about a month and a half ago. But really I have never felt this bad in my life and hope this passes soon. The restlessnes is just awful and the humming just does not help. However one good thing is that this episode brought me closer to God. I have been reading the Bible and praying. It also made me more sensitive I guess, I find tears flowing out of my eyes more often then before. I do try to keep myself active. I go out for 30 minute bicycle rides most days.

Napo
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  11:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Napo,

Be gentle with yourself, keep up with grounding exercises. It should go away in a couple of days. Do not be discouraged, looks like you hit strong purification very fast. I would suggest you then start again with just DM for 10 mins and slowly increase from there. Re-introduce SB a couple of weeks down the line when you are in control and feeling stable. As for overload, it can happen anytime over years of practice, usually after you add a new practice or you change something. Today I too am feeling the sting of it. I am in a deep dark depression, feeling shaky with fear. Not funny !

Sey
Go to Top of Page

napo897

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  1:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sey,

Thank you for your encouragement and support. I really had no one else to go to. Family I couldn't really tell them about this as they could not help me and I did not want to worry them with my situation. The first 3 days I felt fear and think that was the reason I was not sleeping. When I would close my eyes it would seem as if I was going right back into meditation and was afraid I would have one of those episodes again. On the fourth day I knew I had to sleep because if I don't then things could get worse, as sleeping is essential for your well being. So, on this day I told myself God is with me and I shall no longer be afraid, and I slept. I was feeling quite bad yesterday but I believe I am feeling better today. The humming in my ears is still there but restlessness appears to be passing. I am sorry to read that you are going thru your battle with depression and hope it passes soon for you too.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear Napo,

Be gentle with yourself, keep up with grounding exercises. It should go away in a couple of days. Do not be discouraged, looks like you hit strong purification very fast. I would suggest you then start again with just DM for 10 mins and slowly increase from there. Re-introduce SB a couple of weeks down the line when you are in control and feeling stable. As for overload, it can happen anytime over years of practice, usually after you add a new practice or you change something. Today I too am feeling the sting of it. I am in a deep dark depression, feeling shaky with fear. Not funny !

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000