Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Brain Freeze
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  2:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone else experience this? When I sit in kechari concentrating on the breath touching the tip of the tongue I experiene this feeling. It is sometimes intense bringing tears to my eyes. It is similar to what you experience when you slush through a frozen drink. I considered it might be a medical condition but I suspect not, as I was having similar feelings last year when I was doing yoga practices but I stopped for a while due to some adverse circumstances and that feeling stopped. I don't mind the sensation and so am not considering cutting back for the fear of overloading. The reason for my posting is to see if anyone else experiences this and also to know if it could cause any brain damage.

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  3:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Feel free to consult a physician, but it happens all the time with me. I have found it to be associated with crown activity. For fun, see if you can tell which way the energy is flowing when it happens.

Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  3:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what's energy flow and how it feels like. To add to what I said before, sometime the whole/part of spine feels that way i.e. like being struck by a tuning fork. There is also a deep pain in the chest. And you are right, sometime it happens during the day too!, but not so intensely. And that's what made me a little worried. What if I am in a meeting or driving.

Edited by - gentlep on Jan 13 2012 5:14:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  3:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Energy flows can feel different for everyone. My guess is that is what you are also feeling along the spine. As things begin to open up, you can sometime feel some pain as obstructions are cleared.

You most notice the sensations when your mind is quiet.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000