Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 spiritual eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  11:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do any of you experience the spiritual eye as described by Paramahansa Yogananda? The gold ring, the blue field, and the star in the middle?

It has been my experience when talking to psychics that they do not generally experience the spiritual eye. On the contrary, they talk about the third eye but they also talk about chakras. Why?

Thanks

David R

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  12:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,
Check out lesson#92 and lesson#179
http://www.aypsite.org/92.html
http://www.aypsite.org/179.html
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  07:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi

A few years back I had a really severe flu - my fever run high and I remember one day lying in bed having an inner vision of what I called a "living A - minus the line in the middle of the letter". It wasn't really an A - it was more like a rounded, empy form. Somehow, it must have reminded me of the Key of A (in music). Inside the form was the most beautiful blue color I had ever seen. It was like a liquid, flowing, blue, vibrating, living field - I remember feeling that it looked at me. The field was surrounded by a golden hue - almost like the hue of the sun under an eclipse. Right before I had this "vision" I reckognized a feeling I used to have as a small child Sunday mornings in bed. I used to sit up in bed - my twin sister was asleep beside me - gradually a kind of low frequent "hum" would surround me. It scared me....it felt like I was disappearing. The fear made me "pull myself together" and the pnehomena stopped.

The day I had my flue, I remembered that the hum was preceeded by a special feeling between my eyes - a sort of sharp pain there. I never told anyone about this; it seemed such an "alien" thing.....as if there was something wrong with me.

I have never seen this vision again, but when I meditate deeply - I sometimes have glimpses of a shiny, silver point of light. I always perceive it to be "way down there" - somewhere in the area of the root chakra. Never up in the ajna - or out from the Ajna. Don't know why that is.

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  3:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Do any of you experience the spiritual eye as described by Paramahansa Yogananda? The gold ring, the blue field, and the star in the middle?

Yes I do experience the same spiritual eye and its functions, also
i t is very powerful.....
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  7:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nsantoo, how very fascinating your experiences are! Please share with us as much as you are able.

Please tell us more about your relationship with the Spiritual Eye.

Jaya Durga! alan
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 06 2006 :  12:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alan

Nsantoo, how very fascinating your experiences are! Please share with us as much as you are able.

Please tell us more about your relationship with the Spiritual Eye.

Jaya Durga! alan

Hi my baba asked me to take the oath of silence
...I just had a brief encounter with that aspect and more familiar with what its functions are...but once you have satisfied all qualities in the Holy geeta then you can discover when/what it can be used for ...only for the good of mankind....nothing else...

There are alot of universal secrets the deities will reward you accordingly

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - May 06 2006 :  4:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
The pain in the third eye is a sign of the energy moving outwards as when making an energetic connection with another.This precedes scanning of others.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 06 2006 :  5:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
the hum was preceeded by a special feeling between my eyes - a sort of sharp pain there.

When things (in this case ajna) open suddenly and quickly, it can be painful (or, more generally, "bumpy"). AYP is prep work to spur gradual, gentle opening. Sometimes people have spontaneous openings of various sorts. Symptoms range from headache to irritability to disorientation (on up to fullblown kundalini syndrome), depending on the severity and suddenness of the opening.

Yogani has written a couple of lessons on this...
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  12:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpy,

I have experienced this Blue Star or "Blue Pearl". Mostly it comes to me when I am very deep in meditation or sometimes when I am talking to someone or just doing my day-to-day chores.

The first time it came to me was while I was in India. It was the dead of night and I was woken up by a noise. Then I realized the noise was coming from inside me. It was a low humming and then loud clashing which then turned into music. Beautiful and extraordinary music. Then out of a black hole came this Blue Pearl.

As of now, I have no control over when it comes to me. Maybe that will change, I don't know.

Katrine: I believe this is a very good thing for you. Keep on going. What I have found to help with it, is to try not to get too excited or too curious and just be with it and be open.

Thank God for all these wonders:-)

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  02:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Babaly

quote:
Katrine: I believe this is a very good thing for you. Keep on going. What I have found to help with it, is to try not to get too excited or too curious and just be with it and be open.

This is so true, Babaly. To me, this is the difference between being able to receive life unconditionally, verses letting my mind control and analyze the input.
The instant I "set off" to interpret - or wanting the experience to last - visions, insights or whatever - they disappear. I have found the same thing to happen when I write down what I am experiencing while I am experiencing it. The experience fades. (I "lose" the awarness to my mind) A few years back I wrote things down because I was so afraid that I would forget.
I didn't realize then that experiencing truth is not the same thing as reading about it. The experience is the rememberence. The rest is just history.

However; trying to not be excited or curious doesn't work for me either. Rather - I accept my excitement and curiosity when it is there. In the acceptance; in that relaxation; often I am aware enough to not interfere. To me, the awareness is the openness.

Thanks, Babaly

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  06:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi,

the blue pearl is something to do with the heart chakra. i read it in Yogananda's Lessons. Bell sounds can accompany it.
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  06:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

It has been my experience when talking to psychics that they do not generally experience the spiritual eye. On the contrary, they talk about the third eye but they also talk about chakras. Why?

Thanks

David R

Hi David,

Would you please provide me with the source(book/page number OR website)? I would like to read it.

Edited by - aditya on Jul 20 2006 07:01:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  09:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Aditya,

Unfortunately you would need to obtain the SRF Lessons to get this information but i will type it out for you here. It is not that long.

"During the sojourn of the air element, or life-force, in the dorsal plexus, the breath flows through the sides of the the nostrils and its course is up to twenty inches in length. a sour taste is experienced in the throat and the desire for a sour taste grows. The mind percieves a blue colour, and a desire for blue grows. In the Christ Consciousness center, a round ball of palpitating blue is percieved. The devotee whose mind has been purified percieves this vibration of life force for 8 minutes."

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000