AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  5:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is a cartoon from 1984... A friend of mine gave it to me to watch... I didn't think it would be as great as it turned out to be. This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It has a lot of spiritual and environmentalist messages in it.

It turned my eyes into tears more than once and the strangest thing is that I started feeling so much love and gratitude for my bed, the walls in my room and the wooden door and heck for everything. It just opened my eyes and heart to love more what is here in front of me.

It feels like I am speaking like a person who has smoken smthg or taken a hallucigenic but trust me am not. Maybe a bit drunk on silence

This movie is bliss
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausic...d_%28film%29

Enjoy!

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  6:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow - great to hear you mention that.

I was also very inspired and moved to tears by this film. It is a very heart opening experience to watch it. Try any of Miyazaki's work, for ex. Laputa: Castle in the Sky also dramatically effected me.

Such beautiful work. When I was going through a major heart opening, I devoured this stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  8:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I LOVE Miyazaki. I have all of his movies. Every one is good, without exception. Nobody else puts such beautiful detail in a cartoon. And how many cartoons can you say are truly artistic?

Even just a simple scene, a character walking down the street, he will have something like shadow patterns from the tree leaves. And as you mentioned, the stories are exceptional too.
I get tired of reading subtitles, so I usually watch the English dubbed versions, but the original Japanese voices are much more fitting to the characters. And yes, they make you cry, even "Kiki's delivery service".
But Nausicaä is one of my favorites too.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  03:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have Nausica but will get it. I love all his work, particularly Spiroted away.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  03:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing my friends Yes, Miyazaki is one hell of an artist. Cheers to Miyazaki, thank you for making me aware and being in gratitude and so much love for the clothes on my body lolll

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  03:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
particularly Spiroted away

spirited
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  04:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
particularly Spiroted away

spirited

Yes, the iPad is getting a bit weird recently. Maybe it needs a new protective film.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  07:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are filled with bhakti {spirited), you don't need protection.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  08:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The kids and I love Miyazaki's films! We have "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Spirited Away" (my favorite), but we haven't seen this one. Thanks so much!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  10:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  2:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If you are filled with bhakti {spirited), you don't need protection.

lollll ...karl does your ipad have bhakti?
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  4:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
congrats on making 1000 posts!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000