Enlightenment Milestones
 Polar Bear Swim
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  03:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Over New Year's Eve and Day I had the opportunity to observe how much things have changed since my reality shifted back in May.

First, on the Eve I normally give my 2 horses herbal tranquilizers to keep them calm, but I couldn't afford it this year so I hoped they would be ok. Well, with the neighbors shooting off serious fireworks and guns, the horsies went berserk and were running around at high speeds in the dark, whinneying their heads off. They will literally make themselves sick doing this and usually once it begins, you can't get them to stop. I walked into the pasture and called to them, and they immediately came up to me and were calm as soon as I touched them, which is quite unusual...

Then on New Year's Day Hawk and I did our Polar Bear Swim. Yes, it is Florida so no big deal, but still, the water was chilly (60 degrees). I thought it might be more difficult this year because I have lost 10-15 pounds and have no extra body fat left and the cold weather cuts right to the bone, but in fact it was easy! I did ujjayi breath and a few asanas before going in the water. Now, in the past I always had to brace myself and the cold water was painful or at least, unpleasant, and it was a struggle. This time I walked in and there was no resistance. The feeling of cold was simply a sensation and was actually kind of nice, and I enjoyed swimming for a little while until I began to get hypothermia.

I know that doesn't sound like much but the difference felt on the inside was truly incredible.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000