Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra gets easier as you purify your system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  2:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am posting this in hopes that will provide encouragement for those who may be struggling with the retention of sexual energy.

I have always had huge amounts of sexual energy. From the time I was 15 I have been a frequent ejaculater. I shudder to think how much divine energy I have essentially wasted over the course of my life, however, that is all water under the bridge now. Suffice it to say that I had myself well conditioned to build up sexual energy and then release it through ejaculation.

Earlier this year I became serious about yoga practices and started doing daily meditation. I also thought it would be a good idea to try tantric practices. Tantra did not work for me at all. After 3-4 days without ejaculation the energy build up would start to drive me nuts. I tried my best to move the energy upward using pranayama, but after a while the whole thing became too frustrating and I gave up. I went back to ejaculating almost daily.

However, I continued my daily meditation practice and experienced a steady progression toward inner stillness. Meditation became a source of great joy in my life and I did it for 20-40 minutes every day without exception. I also continued my asana practice that has been going for a few years now.

Over the past few months, as inner stillness grew, I also noticed that my asanas became much easier. Poses that used to be very difficult became easy. I made more progress on that front in past year than in the previous three combined. I can only guess that the meditation was clearing eneregtic pathways that allowed the body to move much more easily. The whole mind-body system was coming into a kind of harmony.

Recently I have decided to give Tantra a second look. This time it is going much smoother. I still feel energy building up in the groin, and it can get uncomfortable. However, I do not feel nearly the same pressure to release it. Last night my hormone levels were very high. I decided that I would do my asana, do my meditation, and then if I really needed it I would ejaculate to releive the sexual tension. During my meditation I scanned all of the chakras and visualized them being filled with light. I was really feeling the ecstatic conductivity more than usual. When I was done, I realized that the sexual tension was gone. All of that energy that had gathered in the groin had been moved up into the chakras. I felt great and slept well. Today I feel almost no sexual tension even though I have not ejaculated in four days.

Earlier in the year I was trying to retain sexual energy, but my nervous system was not yet mature enough for it. The channel up the spine was still too constricted so the bulk of the energy was stuck in the groin where it drove me nuts until I released it. In the months since then I have done a lot of purifying through my daily asnana and meditation practice. Now energy can flow up the spine much more easily.

If you are really struggling with the retention of sexual energy then do not despair. It does not mean that there is anything wrong with you. It just means that your nervous system needs to be purified and opened up before the Tantra practices will start to have real benefit. Do your daily meditation and things will get easier.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  4:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louie,

Welcome!

Thanks for sharing. The account of your progress is inspirational.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  8:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Louie,

what you and others are saying is starting to align with my experience as well. there is indeed inner change going on (under the hood) and it is hard to deny the link to tantra plus sitting practices. in the past, it seemed like being pushed into a fog of war where you know you will be outnumbered and the challengers had home-field advantage. now, it's a more clear and leveled playing field where some of the opposition starts to work on your behalf. one example, I would get insomnia if I simply ignored the hormone levels for a week or more, and I'd be recovering from poor sleep for the next two days. then, this changed to having a portion of my sleep blocked so that I'd wake up tired and unable to recover in subsequent nights because it simply felt like I wasn't recharging unless the hormone levels were 'reset,' which of course would fix the sleep problem instantly but also bring about a type of burnout that would last a whole day. that 'fog' isn't entirely gone since I don't know where I'm really at now (got to stay vigilant), but compared to just a year ago, it is clear that this transition has been taking place alongside (or perhaps, because of) my struggles (pain, despair and all!) to keep at the tantra side of the equation as well, and coinciding with having taken up the sitting practices for almost a year now.

that was short for, 'I hear ya'
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  02:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Louie, thanks for sharing your experience and I'm glad it's working out well for you. My partner used to ejaculate every day, and when he began doing tantra with me he found it difficult and uncomfortable at first to retain for a few days. However, now that he is accustomed to retaining it for a week or two, he says he feels great and has SO much more energy and clarity, he can't imagine how he was wasting all that energy before. He actually looks visibly younger, too - his skin is more supple and glowing. This is all (unfortunately) without the benefit of a daily yoga/meditation practice; although my teacher says he is a "natural yogi" he does not actually do his practice. So I assume you would get even better results if you are doing tantra in the context of a regular daily yoga and meditation practice! Interestingly, I notice a definite energy shift on the day after he does ejaculate, like a few times a month, when he becomes a bit grouchy and irritable, and he says he can feel it, too, so he won't release when he has something important or requiring lots of energy, to do the next day. Isn't tantra wonderful?! what a divine gift.
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  12:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.

I find the hardest part of my growth in Tantra is the high levels of energy that are moving through when I have not ejaculated in a while. I just feel turbo charged. If I am not careful, some of that energy may come out in emotional bursts. That is to say that if something makes me angry, my anger will be felt much more strongly by whoever it was directed at.

I have to be careful to do my right hand practices and ensure that this amazing energy is always kept calm and controlled by the balancing force of inner stillness.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  12:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience it is siddhasana that proved very effective along with other practices like DM, SBP etc..
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  11:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louie and Nearanoke,
Thanks for sharing. Isn't it amazing, how the pieces of the puzzle start to fit together, and the "vector" of techniques and practices starts to make more sense, and fun, than a single piece (and even starts to take less effort in bed). Deida has likened it to a driving school: they tell you a bunch of techniques and rules of thumb, enough to make you sure you'll never learn this, even less apply it when in the driver's seat. Yet, after some cycles of refresh & retry, the whole package starts to feel completely natural.
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  2:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It truly is amazing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000