AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Playing with the mind content
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  05:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The following is an email exchange that happened a while back with my friend\teacher. The subject was originally brought up by someone whom I teach, so I asked my teacher the question to have more clarity and insight about the whole thing.

Myself:
Dear F\T,

I have this question which I hope you could give a clear answer to. I am following what you and Francis say concerning welcoming and watching and understanding whatever arises in the scope of awareness. But I am wondering, if the purpose of all what we're doing is to be happy then why just welcome? Once when we welcome we are in a position to either stop the thinking process and just let the mind be empty or we can change the content from being something ugly into something beautiful.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Love,
Ananda

Friend\Teacher:
Dear Ananda,

This is a very good question.

Stopping the thinking process before its natural dissolution creates a resistance to it, the resistance creates tension that comes up later on as doubt and a feeling that something is missing or that something needs to be resolved until that particular thinking process comes up again.

And what changes the content from being ugly to being beautiful is not the forced change but the understanding of why the content is considered or felt ugly, and you will always find that something is considered ugly because we have a certain belief that this thing is a threat to me or is preventing me from being happy, Or that something is felt ugly because we have a deep irrational feeling of fear from that thing and that if we let it be felt fully it will be terrorising.

When we know that the contents of our mind are irrelevant and we take our stand as pure awareness then you will discover that no need to stop or change anything.

What is real welcoming?

when we welcome a thinking process and then try to stop it, that is not welcoming because" stopping" something is the opposite of welcoming. The same goes for "changing".

Real welcoming is taking our stand as the space of awareness and giving the contents of our mind space to be and to evolve, without being stuck to them, then they naturally dissolve. Their ugliness disappears and reveals the only beauty which is the space of awareness and love.

Wanting to change shows that there is still the belief that if things are different I will be happier, which shows the belief that happiness comes from objects.

Happiness comes from the experience that we are eternal and nothing can hurt us, and from the knowledge that the changing manifestation is how we celebrate our changelessness.

Love,
F\T

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  06:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Truly we are on parallel and converging paths you and I

I had a dream last night:

It told me that I could not choose between the Sun and the Moon.
Without the rays of the Sun the Moon does not exist, without something on which it's rays can shine the Sun has no reason to exist for the Moon lives for the Sun and the Sun lives for the Moon.

Both light and dark, one cannot exist without the other. Both arise from the same source. They can neither be forced apart, forced together, prevented or chosen between. Any form of interference can only cause trouble for the one who tries.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and you are both still a bit clunky if you allow me to say ....but soon enough the boat will sail smoothly
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

You have a wise teacher. Thanks for sharing.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

and you are both still a bit clunky if you allow me to say ....but soon enough the boat will sail smoothly

LoL I'm clunkier than a clunky thing, that at least I can say with precise certainty.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for this Ananda, this absolutely speaks to where I am right now :)
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  12:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this ananda

I would be interested to know your process of meditation. It sounds like Adyashanti's true meditation or the sit and do nothing style (let whatever arises, arise).

- Near
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  2:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this post Ananda. Perfect timing for me.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for everyone who has wrote :-)

Dear Near, I am still doing my normal AYP practice. But concerning my friend and his teacher Francis Lucille, I am very surprised at the similarities between what they teach and the teachings of Adyashanti. But to be honest I found Adya as a blessing and was obsessed with him at a certain time but there was always something missing and I haven't found that but with my friend and his teacher Francis.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Truly we are on parallel and converging paths you and I

I had a dream last night:

It told me that I could not choose between the Sun and the Moon.
Without the rays of the Sun the Moon does not exist, without something on which it's rays can shine the Sun has no reason to exist for the Moon lives for the Sun and the Sun lives for the Moon.

Both light and dark, one cannot exist without the other. Both arise from the same source. They can neither be forced apart, forced together, prevented or chosen between. Any form of interference can only cause trouble for the one who tries.

That's really beautiful Thank you for sharing my brother.

Salam
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  5:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gosh, I dont even do anythign special with my meditation, I just sit and am more mindful, its like my time for mindfulness practice, or for zen koan solving. Just sit and be and watch your thoughts go by, deepen some, let others go... its just a natural getting to know your self... not even "higher" self, just the self, and one kind of seemingly merges into the other as you grow in your mindfulness of thought.
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  5:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow ananda your teacher is - let me put it in my words - awesome :D
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  03:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks dear escapado

To me he's more like a sweet fresh breeze of air. By interacting with him more and more, I am gradually forming the understanding (or maybe I think I am)of what that loving being really is.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000