Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 few minutes of meditation seems like hours.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gamefu

India
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
some times my meditation lasts a few minutes, and seem like hours.sometimes I don't feel like meditating even then I sit down and try my best because I want to evolve myself spiritually and believe its the best thing I can do with my time.

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  11:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The experience does change with a regular routine even if it feels that way for now.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  1:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
no worries...just keep it up to the best of your capability
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  4:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just stumbled upon the quote I was looking to share: "It will change as the process of purification and opening advances." from here. Fairly sure that includes perception of time, how one feels about it etc. Even sri nisargadatta maharaj once said "It is not the person that is doing sadhana. The person is in unrest and resistance to the very end."
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  7:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man, I'm so there with you. But it did and does get easier. The people at AYP and the program laid out by Yogani can be immeasurable in helping with your progress. Hang in there buddy. Nice way to live.
L
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  08:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As it has been explained to me, there is no such thing as a "bad meditation." The Gita says (not an exact quote), even a little practice will save one from direr fears and calamities.

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 11 2011 10:47:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  4:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Our subjective experiences in meditation are of no concern to us. Any particular meditation session may seem long or short, peaceful or disturbed, easy or hard, etc. Nothing that we think might or might not be happening during the practice matters in judging success or failure--we only ask, "Is it easy, natural, effortless?", not if it seemed to go quickly, or be settled or blissful or restless or whatever. Sometimes, it may seem one way, the next day or week, a different way, better or worse, easier or harder. This is only because our nervous system changes from day to day, week to week, and our meditation reflects off of that, so to speak. Some times we are more rested, some times, more tired. Morning meditation may feel different from evening meditation. Maybe for a time, it seems to go slowly. Then for a time it may seem to be easier and faster--do not get attached to either, because it will continue to change as we evolve, purify and progress. Judge your meditation by how you feel in life.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  10:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gamefu

some times my meditation lasts a few minutes, and seem like hours..

sweet!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  7:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikkiji

Our subjective experiences in meditation are of no concern to us. Any particular meditation session may seem long or short, peaceful or disturbed, easy or hard, etc. Nothing that we think might or might not be happening during the practice matters in judging success or failure--we only ask, "Is it easy, natural, effortless?", not if it seemed to go quickly, or be settled or blissful or restless or whatever. Sometimes, it may seem one way, the next day or week, a different way, better or worse, easier or harder. This is only because our nervous system changes from day to day, week to week, and our meditation reflects off of that, so to speak. Some times we are more rested, some times, more tired. Morning meditation may feel different from evening meditation. Maybe for a time, it seems to go slowly. Then for a time it may seem to be easier and faster--do not get attached to either, because it will continue to change as we evolve, purify and progress. Judge your meditation by how you feel in life.
Michael

Rock solid.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000