Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Mudra/Pranayama for high uric acid ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  2:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I was searching the internet for some pranayama or mudra to keep a check on uric acid level, for an elderly member of my extended family - and I did not find satisfactory answers.

can anybody help me on this?

Thanks

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  5:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm dont think there is a pranayama or mudra for that case
vegetarian diet is the solution
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  01:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A friend had the same problem that got solved using the macrobiotic diet
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  2:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes strict vegan diet, and probably best to start out with macrobiotic diet as Will Power says. If that doesn't do it then pure raw food/fruit diet. But raw food diet may be difficult for some elderly people.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  03:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the good advices
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  6:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
latest research finds that uric acid is formed from fructose so be careful with too much fruit but particularly high fructose corn syrup based drinks etc
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  10:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see that research snake. Sounds very odd to me.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  12:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi little turtle.if you google uric acid and fructose there is a lot of research available.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  2:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

reshmita

India
2 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  12:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit reshmita's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes being a yoga trainer, I can tell you, pranayama is not the solution. A strict diet would do. Stream bath really works in this case as well. Hope I can help you a bit.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  11:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Probably also a base-surplus diet, to neutralize acids, for example:
eat almonds more than nuts (avoid peanuts as long as possible)
millet more than brown rice
spelt more than rye
figs and rosehips more than cowberry
nettle shoots, carrots, cucumbers more than Brussels sprouts or cabbage
etc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000