Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Ejaculation during Pranayama?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kifried

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  09:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends, I'm fairly new to this forum but in a short time I've drawn lots of inspiration from you all. I've been practicing pranayama daily for about 4 months now. I've been practicing the regime outlined by BKS Iyengar in his Light on Pranayama and I've been doing another pranayama technique similar to what is discussed here, visualizing the flow of energy through the chakras.

Anyway, it happened again today, 2nd time in about 6 weeks, towards the end of my 20 minute session I began to feel a rise in energy, like a faint electricity in my body and then proceeded to get an erection. Several minutes later I knew what was happening but, I didn't want to end the session, I wanted to go with the experience and see if I could push the energy through past the genitals but I wasn't able to and I ended up ejaculating. I still feel very energetic though, not depleted like I might have if this occured during intercourse.

Anyone have any experience with this, pointers, or can shed some light on what is going on?

Thanks so much, Ken

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 29 2011 09:50:43 AM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ken,

We are comparing different systems here, and so there may be some unforeseen mismatches. That said, in AYP, as I understand it, during our structured sits, when sexual arousal arises, we gently favor the practices rather than stimulate further arousal. Over time (days, weeks) the arousal associated with that practice will tend to decrease.

Peace!
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  6:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

Hi Ken,

We are comparing different systems here, and so there may be some unforeseen mismatches. That said, in AYP, as I understand it, during our structured sits, when sexual arousal arises, we gently favor the practices rather than stimulate further arousal. Over time (days, weeks) the arousal associated with that practice will tend to decrease.

Peace!

Hi kilfried,

I would say a proper posture and sufficient alternative nostril breathing in prior to advanced pranayamas might lessen this situation. However a little bit of sexual energy dissipiating is not abnormal but an erection and ejaculation is certainly to be concerned about. I agree with bewell that it needs some pacing and get it down to normal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000