Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 An Itch in the Middle of My Brain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  3:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,

Does anyone know what it could be and what to do about it???

Here is what I know about it:

A low pitched Om vibration seems to vibrate it... feels good but not good enough which is why it's like an itch.

The sensation feels similar to the perineum when stimulated.

It feels like it could go orgasmic if only I could insert my finger inside my brain and stroke it forward and back.

I wish my shakti could give it a good zap.

Sincerely,
KundaNewb

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  3:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kundanewb,

This is the activation of the pineal gland by the kundalini energy. It is nothing to worry about. The low pitch Om vibration will activate it because it creates a resonance in the suntle body, which in turn will transmit through to the pineal gland.

there is no need to make deliberate attempts to stimulate it, and in fact this could be detremental to your overall spiritual maturation. Best to leave it be, under the hood, and continue with your sadhana.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  3:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
there is no need to make deliberate attempts to stimulate it, and in fact this could be detremental to your overall spiritual maturation. Best to leave it be, under the hood, and continue with your sadhana.

But, if it is asking to be scratched or relieved, is it a good idea to ignore it? You're saying that I should leave it alone, so are you saying that I shouldn't even do the Om mantra?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  02:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KundaNewb,

Just because something is asking for stimulation, doesn't mean it needs to be stimulated. How can you know if it is the right time?

As for the Om mantra, it is a powerful mantra which can affect the whole of the energetic body. Again, knowing if it is the right time to use it is not always easy. In AYP Yoga, it forms a part of the first mantra enhancement, which is an advanced practice in AYP Deep Meditation. It is covered in this lesson:

http://www.aypsite.org/116.html

If you follow the lessons through from the beginning, by the time you are using the Om mantra, you would have already been using quite a few advanced purification practices for quite a while. Even then, it may not be time to add the Om mantra, and there are ways you can test your body to know if it is appropriate or not.

I would advise everyone to approach the Om mantra in this way, one step at a time, and using a system of Yoga which has an inbuilt understanding of the way in which the subtle body unfolds and becomes illuminated from within.

All the best

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 23 2011 02:43:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  5:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I decided that I was not going to take the slow and safe path to awakening. From what I understand, that path could quite possibly never lead to enlightenment or the opening of the crown. Since I am 40 years old I determined that it is worth the risk to take the fast approach slowly. So far, so good. I've had 100% positive experiences and what I consider a breakthrough in the ecstasy category but no cosmic consciousness. I seem to be progressing quickly and naturally but I will continue to be watchful of negative affects. I have about 6 months of free isolation time w/o work, so it's hard to go slow when my fortunate situation allots for a naturally quicker pace. I don't want to squander my temporary refuge from "the world". What would you (or anyone) recommend for someone who will be moving faster and who has no significant fear of the unknown?
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  7:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What would you (or anyone) recommend for someone who will be moving faster and who has no significant fear of the unknown?

Getting very familiar with grounding exercises and self pacing. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2165

Walks are good. Mindful walks are nice (mindful anything's nice )

Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody) but I would say, though you may have no fear of the unknown that doesn't make you impervious to overload. As Yogani says (paraphrasing), these (AYP practices) are tools to drive our cars/nervous systems as fast as we want. However, faster isn't always better, you can crash sometimes and then what you thought would get you to the big-E quicker actually ends up slowing you down; slow and steady wins the race.

Also, there's the paradox, the easier you are with yourself, the better things usually work out, the smoother the unfolding. The One knows what it's doing, do your practices, be kind to yourself/the YOU-niverse and let it all unfold.

I can understand where you are coming from.

I guess if you have a lot of free time then you have a lot of time in which you can ground yourself in.

One suggestion I would make from experience is not to shut yourself away (I don't know whether this is obvious or not). I would do this. Just do my practices, read my spiritual books and seldom go out. Then one day after a while of this I went to see a friend sitting in a pub garden and just from sitting and talking with them (not about anything profound) my Ajna chakra started, I don't know, something-ing-ing, something good, and I realised that by not getting out into the world that I missing a huge part of the unfolding. So make sure you get out into the world during your time off.

Add what practices you want, when you feel ready and just keep a very watchful eye out for any discomfort/any overload symptoms etc. Then perhaps start adding self enquiry into the mix, perhaps in Samyama and/or in daily life (depending on where you are). (i'd recommend the AYP: self enquiry book. http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#si).

I hope that's of some use at least.

Edited by - 11jono11 on Oct 24 2011 7:37:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  10:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks jono! Yeah, I live downtown in a big city and I still have to go out for errands and such so I'm not totally isolated. But, it does help to isolate oneself from the rat race and yet also view that rat race from a new perspective. When I leave my cave I notice that I am a bit more easy-going than most people and I actually find myself with the time to small talk whereas I used to keep to myself.

Thanks for the advice.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  04:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent advice Juno !

I don't believe there is a fast track to enlightenment. You may add as many practices as fast as you like - probably end up in overload - but that is no guarantee of reaching enlightenment faster. In fact, in this case, your desire to reach it faster will probably prove to be your greatest impediment. Bhakti is one thing, but "I want to get there fast" will just frustrate you. IMHO.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  05:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very well said Jono
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  06:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kunaweb,

Yes, Jono is right... simply "going for it" with a random set of powerful energetic practices does not necessarily translate into faster progress.

What you can do though, if you want to make faster progress, is to follow a tried and tested spiritual practice, over time, and do it well.

If you start at the beginning of the main lessons (lesson 11 I believe) and follow the instructions carefully as you go through the lessons, you will be carfully guided as to how and when to add powerful yogic practices. In a relatively short space of time you will have a set of powerful and safe spiritual practices that you are familiar with. Remember that AYP Yoga is designed to open the crown chakra, and it does so when the time is right and in a way that is lightyears ahead of many other yogic systems.

Opening the crown chakra isn't a walk in the park, and is something which needs to be aproached with caution (with months or years of pre-purification), and handled carefully whilst you are going through it. When it is handled in the right way it is simply a process of dissolving into pure bliss consciousness without any problems. Like building a house, it pays to get it right in the early and intermediate stages.

I've been practicing Yoga for around 25 years now. You are obviously interested in powerful yogic practices that will take you to your goal the fastest. Do trust me when I say that it is not just powerful practices that you need... you need a powerful system of Yoga, one which integrates powerful practices in a way that is safe, and is designed to bring about maximum progress. Remember that tens of thousands of people have already become enlightened. So the wisdom from experience is already there. All we have to do is gain from that wisdom and follow their advice. Yogani didn't make any of this stuff up. Everything taught in the main lessons was already available before Yogani came along (most of it for thousands of years). What Yogani did was to integrate that wisdom into an effective system. I hope you can benefit from it.

Practice wisely.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  12:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone and good morning, but please do not assume that I'm looking for the "fast track" or anything like that just because I do not wish to artificially retard my progress. Please take the time to read my post.

Besides, it takes time to discover all of the techniques and to get accustomed to them to the point where they are effective. There is only so much time in the day/week/month. Although tantra already IS the fast path, I doubt very seriously that I will try a new lesson today and explode into a fireball of blissful light one with the cosmos... but, then again, if I do, then there probably wasn't much that would have prevented it and probably means that today was the right time if all went well. I can't give in to fear, uncertainty and doubt when things are progressing nicely.

Alsooooo, I understand the problems with chasing and grasping from desire and I have renounced all desire (attempt 1 has begun); including the desire of more kunda ecstasy.

I am responsible for myself since the guru is in me and he is self-pacing.

@Christi, thanks again for all of your warnings/precautions/etc. which has also been very well explained by many throughout the yogic/tantric community for as long as I can remember. Have you read any Gopi Krishna?

P.S. Throughout time there have always been those individuals who, by their very nature, are adventurers and explorers who forge ahead for the benefit of all. God made them this way and we can't change that. All we can do is prepare them the best we can before their journey. When these "test pilots" are wise enough to do their homework and seek sage advise before their journey, it should be appreciated and information should be given freely (along with caveats) so that their journey can be safe and successful. The rocket is being built and it will be launched. Information is needed early, not some ambiguous time in the future when it may be too late. It's a team effort, but the pace is dictated by other forces beyond any one member's control. Safety is key, but the program cannot simply be put on hold. A fast pace does not imply haste!

Sincerely
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  2:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm.....

Methods of advance practices are valuable information, but so is the inputs on self pacing. It has helped a lot of people (including me ) and i believe Yogani would not have bothered about it if it was not necessary. The concept of self pacing is there because inner guru may not be right always.

Besides, the lessons are for general people, so people with above average capability may turn out to be ahead of these - but that will not make the lessons invalid. What do you people say?

Let us welcome all kind of information we get, and then we can always use the liberty to choose what is suitable for us.

Thank you all for this interesting topic.

Edited by - Swan on Oct 25 2011 2:40:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gosh, this thread sure is way off topic now and I can't see how my question has benefited at all. No offense folks but there seems to be a lot of assumptions being made as to why I might be asking this question and talking to me personally instead of talking to the question.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

People are just concerned for you, and it happened to play out here in this thread. If I remember right, you had an initial kundalini surge a week ago or so, and since then many posts about stimulating lots of energy, and the techniques that do that for you. Intentionally stimulating high energy can have a delayed effect - an acceleration and momentum if you will. The momentum can carry forward for days, and even weeks after doing certain practices, and it can accumulate faster than you might realize. If it goes past the tipping point, the pleasant vibrations and tingling can become painful fire and burning. I had a slight case of firey overload once, and it was not fun. I couldn't sleep for a couple days. Some people here have had it way worse, with rashes, severe pain from the inside, bed-ridden tiredness, etc, and they're just looking out for you. If you don't experience any bad symptoms from your practice, then great!

Check out lesson 94 http://www.aypsite.org/94.html for Yogani's take on it.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  5:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS - your initial question, what to do about the sensations? Itches, tingling, pulsing, radiating, pinging, crackling, melting (I could go on) are all normal sensations of energy flow, the same kundalini energy. It's the feeling of the opening and purifying nervous system. It will keep going, and evolving for, getting deeper and more subtle, for as long as you continue practices. Just keep up the practices and consider the good feelings a bonus. Favor the practices during your sitting time, but feel free to enjoy experiences and sensations fully at any other time. As the months and years go by the feelings begin to feel quite normal, like a new part of our anatomy that is here to stay.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KundaNewb,

I second Christy's and Jono's advice.

As per your question, it's just normal scenery happening and not a big deal. And putting your attention there will get you into trouble sooner or later. Trust I know because I've tried the same exact thing on the same exact point. Here at AYP we don't dwell much on the symptoms, we focus on the cause. Sustaining stable practices for the long term.

On the other hand, I don't know much about enlightenment but from what I've been through all I can say is that it's best to live here and now and do the best we can in living as humans serving our brothers and sisters... So pushing ahead looks to me like a running away from the now... You should inquire into that and the Self inquiry book which Jono pointed out could come very in handy.

But of course you may feel free to experience as much as you wish and report to us back here... But please do so in the other systems forum so that newcomers may not be misguided about what's AYP and what's not.

We have to keep in mind that these are the AYP support forums and people will pretty much get the same advice from those who practice AYP. If you want different opinions you may post in the other systems forum.

All the best on the path you choose.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  5:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We cross posted JDH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000