Enlightenment Milestones
 i am late !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  02:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
there is something i noticed during my journey...one becomes so absorbed in the now,and what one is doing at the present moment....that one totally forgets about the past and future....total blank ..it is a great feeling,totally aware of the task at hand now....although sometimes i end up being a bit late to work and to some appointments (few years back i was a ponctuality neurotic)....
when i am absorbed in the now...i am amazed how time has passed by so quickly! where did it go?...loll
also at the end of the day,when i look back to the many tasks i did, i wonder how the hell did i finish all of that
it is truly an amazing feeling...
Namaste

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  03:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice to hear. Thanks.

I also happened to observe something today which made me happy and reassured.

Somehow my details from employee database got deleted (still looking for whom to thank) and I was not able to log into my workstation. I reported to the support and they told me they will call me back at the earliest. Time was running and I had some really urgent project to close today. I waited for the call infront of the ctrl-alt-delete screen for one and half hour - while had absolutely nothing to do but sit tight - and could not go for a tea also as I did not know when they will call.

What I noticed is I did not get mad or frustrated, did not even think some thing negative about anybody involved or not, and passed the time with thinking all those nice things.

Suddenly it struck to me, and I was filled with wonder that where did I get this calm and composure? I am not doing meditation for some time due to overload and my thought was that nothing much is going on about cultivating inner silence. So I was very happily surprised within, and felt much love for you all and Yogani.

I am so happy that I am here.

Lots of love
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  08:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
i am amazed how time has passed by so quickly! where did it go?...i wonder how the hell did i finish all of that

over here, it's more like, how did time pass by so quickly, and how did I do absolutely nothing of what needs to be done
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  8:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use my cell phone alarm to remind me of important things, because I always lose track of time.
I get so absorbed in my work I am often surprised that the day is over. I wanted to do more stuff I don't have time for and think maybe I'm slowing down from aging, and wonder if my job could be in jeopardy.
Then I think back on what I did and realize it's a LOT!

I have my bedroom alarm clock set 1.33 hours fast to help me be on time in the morning. I usually forget it's fast, and if I remember I don't want to try and calculate the difference when i'm still sleepy.

I don't like buying anything made of plastic because time goes by so fast it seems like it falls apart in no time! It's the years that go quickly; the present moment doesn't seem to pass quickly at all. And when I am absorbed in the moment, I am my most productive, so there is nothing to regret about time flying. I love it!

Edited by - Etherfish on Oct 21 2011 8:22:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  01:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Before I started regular meditation practice, I had the feeling of time speeding up more and more. Monday morning meetings would soon be Friday afternoon meetings with everything in between a blur. Everything was rush rush. I'm sure many can relate...

Since I began regular practice I notice the time more. (Actually I notice everything more). When I am paying attention, then the time passes at a more "normal" rate, if I am absorbed in some activity then time is back to it's speedy pace Now, I don't stress about being late for appointments, buses, trams etc. I just trust that I will be on-time, and 99.9% of the time I am. The trusting comes from the daily practice. One learns to trust the unfolding process. Now, my work weeks are still basically the same as before in terms of structure (same old meetings) but the result is more positive (and productive) and I no longer have the feeling of going round and round in circles(the old "rat race"). Something is unfolding and it brings daily peace and joy into all parts of life All this from twice daily practice.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I use my cell phone alarm to remind me of important things, because I always lose track of time.

me too my friend....lots of reminders....
quote:
have my bedroom alarm clock set 1.33 hours fast to help me be on time in the morning.

my work starts at 8am...leave my appartment at 7:30...so i get up at 5:50...meaning i have around 100 minutes to be ready...the morning sitting practice takes 45 minutes...the remaining 55 minutes i am absorbed in washing my face,having a snack etc...i know i am going to work,neverthless my mind is only in the present moment,doing the task that presents itself to be done....then somehow or another i am at work because it is the next moment to be lived...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  07:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also when one is living in the moment...meaning out of time...the sleep patterns change...for instance i am totally focused on something,translating or doing my laundary etc...that i am not aware that it is already midnight and i need to catch some sleep
then the following day,if i happen to be sleepy because shortage of sleep from last night....then in the early evening i might decide to doze for 15 min....i end up sleeping for 2 hours...i totally do not hear the alarm...then when i wake up i do the remaining tasks (evening routine sit,grab a quick dinner) then go back to sleep hopefully before midnight...
i love all this spontaneity
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000