AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 two ways of Self Inquiry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  08:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Here is an idea for a way to inquire. The result is what is happening naturally when we let go of our need to control the situation. And it works like other methods that rely on asking a question.

Here it is:

You think of something you want in your life. Then you ask "Why do I want that in my life, or what more will I have when I get it?" Think, what is or are the words that most accurately describe what you think you'll have more than that thing. Then you can continue deeper into the inquiry with the words that you got.

Another simple method is just to ask yourself what you really really really really want in your life?

Or be quiet.

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  09:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yonatan,

Yeah, powerful self inquiry method. I learned it in a meeting with Gangaji last July.She tought us that method.Just curiosity... ¿Did u learn it from her?

Hugs.

Edited by - miguel on Oct 17 2011 09:03:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  09:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It helps also to imagine how you would you feel if you had what you want. Then examine where that feeling comes from.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  09:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's true Etherfish.

Miguel, no I did not. I was laying on my bed and it popped into my head! (And I'm making rhymes)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000