Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pranayama Progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  06:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

There is yet something I don't get..

For example Pranayama helps to purfy the nadis..

so if everyday for example I do Bhastrika and breath of fire (1000 breaths) everyday.. will the nadis be more and more purified?

and is there something that can repurify the nadis again if I am feeling depressed or something like that?

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  11:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
If you are doing 1000 breaths or any excess practices then yes you will purify nadis but you risk overloading and causing problems for yourself including bringing on depression.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  1:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ichigo,

Thousand breaths of Bastrika is a lot. I do 30-50 in the morning and same in the evening session too. This is accompanied by the basic Spinal breathing practice, Chin Pump Jalandhara and Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka. Infact at AYP it is advised to start with basic spinal breathing and then add the advanced practice like bastrika later. Please read the lesson on bastrika below

http://www.aypsite.org/171.html

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  7:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,

but to become like him, you have to practice 1 billion breaths per day ;)

Breathing and the flow of life energy are tight together. If you breath, the energies flow. If you stop breathing, the energies stop flowing. If you breath faster, the energies flow faster. The same for slower, rhythmic, balanced and so on.

If you run 5 miles, your body may like it. If you run 30 miles, your body may not like it too much =P If you run 100 meters, your body may not like it either. The same applies for sleeping, eating, drinking, sex, work etc. Everything has its mid.

Ichigo's body regenerates like that of a main anime character, in no time =) Observe the regeneration rate of your body and accordingly do the practices and purification will be smooth and fine.
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  04:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! you're post just made my day :P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000