AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 hurricanes can not destroy empty space
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  04:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
this post is mainly the result of the guidance of a dear friend....

today i am sad....what is real in this sentence.it is the I.....sadness is the feeling...i am not the little feeling that is squeezing my chest and squeezing my throat... but rather the awarness that envelops it....it is a phenomenon appearing in me.....

the core of self enquiry at the feelings level is to welcome the feeling....acknowldege the fact that i hate this feeling of sadness,accept that this feeling is happening...yes it is happening..so what? this attitude takes away the resistance,the non acceptance of the feeling of sadness....

then let this sadness evolve...give it space....ie love it ....love your sadness ....then the feeling may take time,it may manifest as a big vibration of energy all over the body.let it and (this is crucial)lkeep the emphasis on awarness not the energy,i.e. reside as awareness and at the same time relax the energy allow it, make sure there is no pushing away of it, you can try to breath it in and let it out up the back of your neck up to the seven chakra and beyond, but always with complete acceptance and love, knowing that the best way to let a hurricane evolve, is to be the space, hurricanes can only damage objects they cannot destroy empty space, you are the empty space of awareness...........

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  08:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
hurricanes can only damage objects they cannot destroy empty space

Cool.

It reminded me of Superman No. 701. Its one of my favorite comic books where Superman quits his job and the fake Clarke Kent identity. He walks around in cities instead of flying. Talks to normal people and solves their little issues. He remains quiet, cool but shows wisdom in his words when he talks. Its like he's Enlightened Superman.

In a scene a girl under depression is about to jump from a building. The police asks Superman to help and bring her down. The girl had lost her mom, her job, everything...

Superman flies up to her and talks to the extremely frustrated girl. Its so wonderful how he deals with the situation.... like a Buddha. I'll just write the final words but the whole scenario and drawing is just awesome!!

"If you honestly believe, in your heart of hearts, that you will never, ever have another happy day... then step out into the air. I promise I won't stop you. But if you think there's a chance-- no matter how small-- that there might be just one more happy day out there-- then take my hand."
~ Superman

Marvelous! Even superheroes are evolving and getting enlightened.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  08:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
hurricanes can only damage objects they cannot destroy empty space, you are the empty space of awareness...........

to be perfectly honest...this comparaison was given by my friend...i am just sharing it...
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  2:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing maheswari.

When we hear "Let everything be as is" or "Accept everything as is", we often think we have to accept the situation as is and not get hurt by what is happening.

But it is important to realize that the hurt that is happening within us is also part of what is happening. Accepting everything includes accepting our pain too.

Behind every painful feeling there is often a thought that we believe in that causes it. It is our beliefs, our opinions, our thoughts that hurt us than the reality. Everytime we argue with reality we are bound to suffer. That's why someone beautifully put it "Enlightenment doesnt mean I have something that you dont. It means you believe something that I dont" . It is the ability to let go of our thoughts, expectations and beliefs that leads to freedom and inner peace. The thought cycle and the inner emotional pain feed each other to lead to more and more suffering.

That is why when a painful event happens it is important to go to the body than the mind. The hurt often shows up as a sensation in some part of our body and it is best to observe it and let it be there. Not do anything about it. Dont push it away. Dont experience it. Dont try to find a reason (external event or person) for it. Just be with the sensation without any mind stories.

(Not the exact same words but from "Falling to Grace: Adyashanti")

- Near
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000