Enlightenment Milestones
 Sweating...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  12:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Anyone has a problem with increase in sweating. I could be freezing.. and yet be sweating like a pig...

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  12:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Menopause, girlfriend.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  12:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thought so..
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  4:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heat buildup (and sweating, hot flashes, etc) are also a byproduct of yoga practice. They call it the "yogic fire".

in your contemplation (not your meditation, your contemplation), the classic strategy is to cast into this fire your attachments, yearnings, aversions, and other worldly hooks.

Finally, this is a good thing. Cold is the opposite of life. More heat is more life force (i.e. strength and vitality). Just dress lighter. I rarely wear jackets in cold weather anymore. It dovetails nicely with my increasing nonchalance to external factors. It's hot, it's cold, it's raining, it's whatever....it just is what it is, and I feel no compulsion to imagine I need to "fix" it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000