Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 A Space in the Heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  4:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've recently returned from the AYP retreat in PA. Another amazing experience. A few months back, i was reading an "interpretive" translation of the Bhairava Tantra by Lorin Roche and one stanza really caught me...a deep resonance...

At the retreat the stanza stuck in my head, and kept coming back to me over and over. And I was left with the experience that when you strip away the fireworks of some of the energetic experiences from the retreat, the Love of pure bliss consciousness is what is underlying it all. So I thought I share it with you...

"There is a space in the heart where everything meets.
Go there if you want to find me.
Mind, senses, soul, eternity, all are there.
Are you there?

Enter the bowl of vastness that is the heart.
Give yourself to it with total abandon.

Quiet ecstasy is there--
And a steady regal sense of resting in a perfect spot.

Once you know the way
The nature of attention will call you
to return, again and again,
And be saturated with knowing,
"I belong here, I am at home here."

Answer that call"

Love you all

Edited by - Parallax on Sep 20 2011 06:58:06 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  7:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Parallax.
This is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  7:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  03:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful

Much thanks dear Parallax, you are missed. It's been a while since I last saw any of your posts in the forums. Hope all is good with you and your loved ones

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  05:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax
"There is a space in the heart where everything meets."

Aum.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  06:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti and faileforever,

You are the beautiful ones my dears. Like, seriously. [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Love you!
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  06:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda! My brother!

Its nice to be back . I've been away from the forums for about 6 months as I was integrating the effects of the last 2 AYP retreats. Something inside wouldn't let me come back until I was ready

Its great to reconnect for sure...I think about you frequently Ananda...you've been an inspiration to me over the years. Hope all is well on your side

Love!

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  06:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manigma

Aum *is* where the heart is

Peace!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  11:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  1:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"a steady regal sense of resting in a perfect spot"

Fantastique.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  11:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Quiet ecstasy is there--
And a steady regal sense of resting in a perfect spot.

Now THAT, for me, at this time, is "illuminated poetry" -- from where I sit and walk and talk, it speaks to and echoes and gives a voice to the inner experience of the retreat, as I remember it, and as it resonates in my body/mind today.

Man to man hug

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  7:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bewell!!

Those two lines in particular struck a chord with me...its so hard to put words to the experience, but these are as good as any I've seen.

Thank you for sharing the retreat experience with me...I could feel your Stillness at the retreat, and I can feel it now as I read your words. You are a fascinating dude

Man to man hug, my friend
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000