AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Unity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  10:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It's all one... that's the joke of it all. How could one be against itself, when the whole world is one. Fear... just another expression of love. You fear the bad because you want the good, but its all just one expression of love/unity.

Ego... normal ego, judgement, it's just a manifestation of wanting, desiring, being attached, being cool, P-H fat, yeee... lol. It's got its use, but essentially its all just empty... seperation, but seperation just as another expression of the unity of it all. There is no judgement with god, no judger, judgee, no seperation... and there is, but when you see this through, its all just kinda cute, or funny, all the ways we avoid ourselves. It makes me smile. ... ego. Yup. :)

Ego... the spiritual way... seperation, just another expression of the unity of it all. Ultimately, there is no seperation. Everything just becomes a testament to this unity once you've seen through it, just even once. Just a moment of feeling it out in you on a... I wouldn't even say a subtle level. You need to search for it, but truly it takes one moment of just peering inside yourself and realising the crazyness of the mind. A world with seperation, it just doesn't even make sense any more. Everything just is. Divine is ( like my name :) ) . It's like ultimate honesty of your being.

Forget all the concepts and stuff; forget the above, even that is saying too much. Just feel unity, just for a moment.

Still here? *knock knock knock* lol

Seriously, I hope you're still here. Ive been at my most enlightened minus any states, minus even wanting states.

Gotta end with this... merrily merrily merrily merrily... life is but a dream :). stop trying to change the dream, and find out what life is like when you lose yourself in the unity of it all. Seriously, it's all perfect, I've tried to change it, and realised just how perfect god made it.

Blahh, I still feel like writing... hmmm

Koan time! does a dog have buddha nature?... one big MU says it all.

Yup ok, im done.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  01:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lord Buddha said:
“All living beings have the Buddha nature,we are the same as plants, as trees, as other people, as the rain that falls. We consist of that which is around us, we are the same as everything.”

but one might wonder what did the teacher mean to his student when he stated “Mu” when asked if a dog had Buddha-nature? To truly understand the question, you have to ask why the monk asked it in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  1:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The monk was still searching of course. He didnt see into the true nature of his mind. I know some people say MU means "no". To me, it's no yes, no no. The place where affirming and negating meet. Kinda like one big no ... but not, hehe.

Or another way I'd see it is to exhaust all efforts. To stop searching. Love makes no sense, just like his teacher made no sense in his answering MU. It's beyond the mind, but includes the mind

Cool, ermm, even the monk wondering if a dog had Buddha nature is MU. But even to say that is too much.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  4:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Cool, ermm, even the monk wondering if a dog had Buddha nature is MU. But even to say that is too much

lollll....if the monk's question is too much...then both you and me are in deep sh*t...since we are
posting/saying way too too much

MU might be also a cow....or a cat...lollll....non sense
Go to Top of Page

naplesward

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
MU could be translated as "with out". Buddha nature is "with out" ego sense.

Another Koan for you
Patriarch:What is your name?
Master: I have a name, but it is not an ordinary name.
Patriarch: What name is it?
Master: It is Buddha Nature
Patriarch:You are without Buddha Nature
Master: The Buddha Nature is emptiness, so we call it being without
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a story for you guys. I used to work at wal-mart. Was going through some pretty enlightening stages in my life back then. I lost my name badge for work, so they gave me another one, except they had no sticky letters to put my name on it, and so, for a day, I was nameless at wal-mart. Laughed my butt off at that one hahaha. My supervisors just gave me this really strange look lol.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000