Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 One Month Yoga Certification Course...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  12:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends !

I am pleased to inform you that I have been selected as a student for "First One Month Yoga Certificate Course" at Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, India. The course is going to held in November.

http://sivanandaonline.org/public_h...&format=html

Let me brief that I am 32 years old male from India. I had been working in Rwanda (East Africa) for last for years from Year 2007-2010. Recently in March 2011, I returned back to India to take care of my old parents. I am planning to finally settle back here in my home country.

In August 2011, I had exams so was not able to apply for May-June yoga course. Later, I checked the site and found that Ashram is going to start 'First One Month Yoga Cerfiticate Course' (01st November - 30th November).

I applied for it and Ashram has selected me. Now, I have to confirm my selection before 15th September.

Here, I was your advise. Just recently, weddings of two sisters are fixed in november and family wants me to remain here. Though, there are very few arrangements have to be done, family is opposing to go outside during this period.

Second, they say that there will not be any fruit for what you will learn. They ask what you will do after learning yoga, first search for job and marry. Some say that you will just waste your time there in Ashram.

I have keen desire to attend the course. I am planning to start a educational center where I will train students in computer technology, competative exams along with career guidence. It will be free for poor students and with nominal fee for others. I want to work with the message that 'Yoga can be implemented in all aspects of life including education".

Regards,

Satchitanand

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  02:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i replied to the email you sent me via ayp.....
good luck....you will enjoy it tremendously
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  05:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your reply. I have read your mail.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  03:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maheswari Ji !

Yesterday I was in little hurry so could not reply properly. Well...yesterday I talked to my family and explained them. Finally, I am going to attend the course.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  05:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so happy to hear that
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  06:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful that you are attending - please let us know how it goes
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amoux,

Thanks for your post. For sure, I will let you know after I come back.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  01:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am so glad you are going! Sometimes we just have to "go for it." I had a trip like that myself recently and it was totally worth it. I look forward to hearing about it when you return.
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  11:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi friends !

I have returned back after successful completion of the yoga course. And I am very happy to tell that the course was really very good.

The academy (Yoga Vedanta Forest Academy) is a department of Divine Life Society, Rishikesh, Uttrakhand, India (known as 'Shivananda Ashram').

The ashram covers a large geographical area (small hills) at the bank of Ganges (river Ganga). The area is called 'Muni ki reti'.

In academy, we learned a lot. The teachers, swamis and management persons, all were very friendly, caring and affectionate. We had theory classes and practicals as well.

Apart from spiritual knowledge, we learned a Time Management, Karma Yoga, Work organization, Punctuality, Regularity, Selfless and tireless work and friendliness.

There were classes for Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Stress Management Techniques, Yoga Nidra, Philosophy of Swami Sivananda, Lectures on Bhagavad Gita, Raja Yoga Theory and Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Theory and Extension Lectures on Ethics and Spirituality.

All students enjoyed the overall course. The experience was really memorable. We are committed to apply yoga in our daily and spiritual life.

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  02:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome back Satchitananda....i am so happy that you did that course...Sivananda ashram is beautiful indeed.....Muni ki reti is a majestic place because of the majestic Ganga flowing...Ganga's water is beautiful and fresh ,used to dip my feet in it everyday....it is true people at the ashram are very loving and helpful....glad that you enjoyed it, the seeds of that course you did will keep on growing on your spititual journey ...onwards...all the best
Love
maheswari

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 10 2011 02:49:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  08:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like a wonderful experience Satchitananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000