Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Wild dreams @ night startled sensations @ morning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  3:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
About only a month after starting twice daily meditation I started to have very vivid dreams. They last forever and are very detailed and sometimes violent.

In the morning, when trying to go back to sleep, I have a startled sensation when hearing even the slightest noise. It feels as if I was dreaming while half awake and any small noise startles me out of it.

I'm not sure exactly when, but within the last 2 weeks, I added pranayama so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Is this from meditation? Please help if anyone knows something as I've stopped meditating completely because this has disturbed me quite a bit. Thank You....Adam

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adam

Well if your dreams are getting too bad you could stop spinal breathing for the time being and see if it helps, you may be another over sensitive meditator (I'm jealous!).

Sick of my dream. Keep having a deadline for an assignment that needs doing the next day; I have a locker full of disorganised papers and I have missed all the lessons. Everytime I go to write I end up writing the wrong thing. Horrifying.

Hang on... that sounds just like when I was at college.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  8:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adam,

Yes cut back on spinal breathing... do it just during the morning sitting if it helps.

There is something else I had written about, it is not AYP, and not sure if it will help, but you can check it out:
http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....knowing.html

Woosa... I did not say Woosa is right... OK?
((whispering) but Woosa is right, cut back on spinal breathing. )

PS: Adam for your reference Woosa posted this to me earlier... http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=10258#87603
Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  11:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your advice. I have cut spinal breathing from DM as of yesterday but I will maintain 20 min twice a day and see what happens. I will post the results. Thank You Shanti and Woosa!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000