Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Third Mantra Enhancement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  03:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Two weeks ago, I decided to add the third enhancement to the matra <Shree Shree, I am I am, Namah Namah> - It did not appear to be doing much. However, lately, when sitting in siddhasana doing pranayama, I have difficulty in going up and down the spinal nerve because my subtle body appears mis-aligned with my physical body... slightly behind and to the left, so my awareness jumps from one spinal track (physical body) to subtle body track, bascially finding the energy flow continuity here and there, and all over the place (not smooth). I was basically wondering if that has any co-relation to the third enhancement.

naina_91

Azerbaijan
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  12:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere

I enhanced to the second mantra <Shree Shree I am Iam> - almost two years back and since last few weeks have been observing the upward and downward movements during spinal breathing a little towards the right...it is not in the center in the spinal nerve but away towards the right though I do not have any difficulty as such. It is not a regular thing but keeps happening quite often...I am sort of just watching it happen...up and down...up and down...very clear but towards the right side of the spinal nerve....till the time I didn't read your post I was fine with it, however, don't know now if I need to do something about it..

Any suggestions from anyone please...
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  8:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey and naina

I have the same thing - in SB the sensation going up and down veers to the right or left.

Dunno about it effecting different bodies: physical and subtle - not really interested in the details I just keep on spinal breathing!

I don't think there is much you can do about it. I guess it will all sort it self out in time.

Go to Top of Page

naina_91

Azerbaijan
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  02:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi woosa,

the sesation during SB in my case has been towards the left as well but majorly towards the right...also i forgot to add that it usually happens when there is lot of emptiness/lightness inside the body to the extent that one feels that the body is slowly dissolving into thin air..

yes, you are right...may be it will sort out on its own in due course..i was only wondering if it is fine for let it be the way it is or if one should try consciously to bring the sensation to the centre of the spinal nerve somehow...if at all that is possible
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  08:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by naina_91

yes, you are right...may be it will sort out on its own in due course..i was only wondering if it is fine for let it be the way it is or if one should try consciously to bring the sensation to the centre of the spinal nerve somehow...if at all that is possible

Consciously follow the procedure... go up the the center of the spine on inhale and down on exhale. Our experience will change a lot as we keep going with our practices, and if we modify our practices all the time to favor what is happening now, chances of an imbalance increase... so we stay in the middle and let things unfold as they do.
I hope this helps.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1014
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

Just a reminder below from my email on favoring the spinal nerve when side channel (ida/pingala) activity begins to emerge. This will expand over time, gradually yielding the rope, column and all-consuming whirling energy vortex experiences. Then it all smooths out as purification advances and friction becomes less. Then we feel minimal friction, even as the whole world becomes contained in our energy field -- stillness moving ever-outward on our ecstatic radiance, the emergence of conscious omnipresence. All the while we continue to favor the spinal nerve in the center during our spinal breathing sessions. There is more on this in the new Spinal Breathing book, which should be on Amazon in a week or two.
-------------------------------------

Q: For the past 2 days my spinal breathing has been different, moving up and down is like a ribbon, not a column any more, moving up is along the middle and left and is blue, moving down is along the middle and right, and is red. I have been trying to adjust it so it is a column again and is centered, but it keeps going back to a ribbon and off center, should I let it go?

A: The experience sounds nice. However, we always favor the procedure of the practice, no matter what the experience may be. That means favoring the center of the spinal column -- the spinal nerve. No strain. We don't fight the experience, whatever it is. It is just a favoring of the central nerve. There will be many more experiences like this on one, both or all sides. They come from favoring the center channel -- they are effect rather than cause. They are purification and opening

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

naina_91

Azerbaijan
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much, Shanti...there..it clears it all

No strain...no forcing...just a little favoring
Thanks again !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000