Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sharing my bit of experience !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  07:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

I am visiting AYP as a guest quite for many days. I have seen many people here sharing their experience gained during meditation which are full of wonderful spiritual knowledge. My purpose for this post is to share the experience which I had few months back. Though method of doing meditation is different but essence is same. I followed 'Sahej Sukh Dhyan kriya' mentioned in the video in below link :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...473821386621

He is no guru. He talks about good things of life in his videos.

My parents and siblings are followers of "Radha Soami". You may not heard about this, but can find good detail on google. My parents and siblings have been initiated by Guruji (Baba Gurinder Singh ji), but I have yet to get initiated. Waiting for the time when Guruji would show his blessing for this.

Since I have not yet been initiated, in curiosity of finding innerself, I started doing meditation described in the above video few months back. Within not many days, I started getting wonderful and strange experiences during meditation.

You will have to see the video first to know the kriya.

My Experience :

After couple of cycles, during meditation I started feeling heavy flow of energy rising up into my head... as if everything moving and gathering on the center of my forehead.. I felt the great state of relaxation. Sometime it was so intense that I felt like pulled up by a strong force, I could realise my upper body start shaking left and right first slowly ( in saying "NO" mode) and then little fast as if I am flying.

The more I put focus on the my forehead above center of my eyes, the more my body shook. At this point of time, I felt that my eyes were kind of shivering and I had no body below my head. I tried to surrender on the flow of the process and move ahead of this state, but could not get beyond that.

There was another experience. While trying to focus more, I felt that there is some center of gravity in the middle of the eyes. I started following it, deep focusing it. While doing so, I got drowned towards it, my head started bending downwards. Since i was sitting folding my legs, my body got bent and my head was little above the bed, and spine straight. for few seconds, I was in the same state.

Again sometime I saw bright light and sometimes infinite sense of dark blankness.

For few days, I realised the presence of some object (like third eye)in between my eyes.

I shared my experience with my father. He suggested me that this process has to be executed with the guidance of Guru after initiation. I stopped it after that.

Would like to know if my experience is similar to what you guys are having..

Regards,
Sudeep

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  10:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sudeep
...in curiosity of finding innerself, I started doing meditation described in the above video few months back. Within not many days, I started getting wonderful and strange experiences during meditation.

It is this curiosity of finding the innerself that really makes us a human.

My journey started in a similar way as yours, similar experiences, my parents also said that I must not continue without a Guru. I was 24 then (32 now).

I did not listen to them and became sort of crazy one day. Its just that when we begin to meditate (the first time in a new birth) sometimes all our past personalities overlap/mingle together. So I was being treated for a split personality disorder.

But a puja called 'Rudra Abhishek' to purify me fixed it.

Then I looked for a Guru desperately and met several famous Gurus in India. But I was not being given proper answers. The last one told me that the answers I seek I must find on my own and he is unable to help me. That was the exact answer I sought.

"Guru stands for reality, for truth, for what is. He cannot and shall not come to terms with the mind and its delusions. He comes to take you to the real; don't expect him to do anything else. The Guru you have in mind, one who gives you information and instructions, is not the real Guru.

The real Guru is beyond the glamour of appearances. To him your questions about obedience and discipline do not make sense, for in his eyes the person you take yourself to be does not exist, your questions are about a non-existing person. What exists for you does not exist for him. What you take for granted, he denies absolutely.

He wants you to see yourself as he sees you. Then you will not need a Guru to obey and follow, for you will obey and follow your own reality."

~ Nisargadatta [I Am That]

BTW, Radha Soami Satsang Beas Dera is just half hour away from my home.

Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  01:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Manigma, So nice to hear that you are in my neighbouring town... guess u reside in Beas town..

Anyways, it was great to know your views. You are absolutly right that we have to find within ourselves. That is what RS way teaches us. Babaji tells us its our own perosnal path. He can show the way and method, but its only we who has to execute it but with a discplined way as he suggests. We shouldnt take these as terms & conditions but rather discipline..

However, we can not undervalue the importance of external Guru. Spritiual path is full of wonderful and strange experiences. But our ultimate aim is to achieve and merge into that infinite, rather than gaining super natural powers and showing chamatkars. That is where Guru helps us not to deviate ourselves on this path.

Mind always play monkey tricks to deviate us from this spritual path and indulge us into materialistic world. Even if we are at advance level of meditation, it can play its worst part. Therefor, it becomes vital for us to take part in regular Satsang of whoever we are following.

Importance of Guru can not be overlooked otherwise we have to face the negative side of wrong way of meditation because of our different interpretations & experiences. Gurus were present in the era of Lord Rama and Gurus are present in the today's world also. The critical part is we have to search a compelete guru.

Anyways, the aim of my post was not about Guru, rather it was about the experiences which I got during that meditation. Were those experiences for real like you use to get or what........

Regards,
Radha Soami Ji.
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  05:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sudeep,
I wanted to try this but had trouble with the mantra (mu mantra). He obviously expects you to know this already. Is there a video or something where he pronounces this?
Thanks,
Bob
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  05:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sudeep
The critical part is we have to search a compelete guru.

Life -- existence itself is the complete Guru. Live, learn.

Your experiences are real. The energy is waking up and happy. Read AYP lessons and enjoy.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  08:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Sudeep,
Welcome to the forum!

you wrote:
"Anyways, the aim of my post was not about Guru, rather it was about the experiences which I got during that meditation. Were those experiences for real like you use to get or what........"

Yes it sounds like your experiences are "for real". And there will be many more experiences as you meditate. We learn here at AYP not to put any importance on the experiences we have due to meditation, but just to continue meditating. We meditate twice a day for just a short time and find that to be enough to eventually find the guru that is within each of us, and who will guide us from that point on without the need for an external guru.
Click on "main lessons" above, or get one of the books to read about it.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  09:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got me thinking:

An external Guru is an internal guru externalised. I realised that my Guru died bodily many years ago, however as he said back then, only the body dies, he was, and always will be here, he is my manifestation and appeared when I needed him.

A guru is a guide, it can be anything, it manifests as a direct result of the desire to reveal the true self. From a flash of a butterfly wings, an overheard whisper, or great oracle or a TV advert, anything serves.

All you need is a moment of stillness to Let your own true voice be heard.
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  05:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RSS

Hi Sudeep,
I wanted to try this but had trouble with the mantra (mu mantra). He obviously expects you to know this already. Is there a video or something where he pronounces this?
Thanks,
Bob

Hi RSS,

The mool mantra is "Ek Onkar". here is the clearer version -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-hdkbKPYZs

& here is the line by line meaning of this mantra

http://wapspell.com/t69813p1-meanin...K_ONKAR.html

In my thinking, it is not mantra which is important here, main stress is on holding breath . It is how you control your breathing. As he said, mind gets in control the moment we pause breathing. Mantra is for focussing on our third eye. So you can have any soothing lines as mantra and meditate.

I find this way as really effective (may be because I didnt try anything else). Though bit difficuilt initialy to hold breathing, but it gets right there on the spot. :)
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  05:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Got me thinking:

An external Guru is an internal guru externalised. I realised that my Guru died bodily many years ago, however as he said back then, only the body dies, he was, and always will be here, he is my manifestation and appeared when I needed him.

A guru is a guide, it can be anything, it manifests as a direct result of the desire to reveal the true self. From a flash of a butterfly wings, an overheard whisper, or great oracle or a TV advert, anything serves.

All you need is a moment of stillness to Let your own true voice be heard.

That is what exactly I was trying to say. External guru is an internal guru externalised. Beautifuly explained. Thanks Karl.

Guru is the person who guide us to the path. Even here on AYP if he goes through all the lessons (which are written and explained by Yogani)and follows them, Am I not obeying instructions & guidance of Yogani as a disciple? Putting this in another way - Yogani would be my Guru who is guiding me and also suggesting "Guru is within You". But for me as a layman who has no or little knowledge of spirituality and who is so indulged in this materialistic life... Yogani is Guru if he/she showing me the way to infinite.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  09:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP represents a paradigm shift from the guru concept, and Yogani is not just another guru in the guru tradition.
The old concept is that you find a guru who is right for you, and stick with him for all advice as you progress.

The new concept at AYP is that it is not difficult to find the guru within yourself. The very first practice, meditation, leads to inner silence, and that is all you need to find your inner guru.
The rest of the information here is just enhancements you can try that are entirely optional.

Once you have found your inner guru, it will tell you what enhancements to follow, or maybe none at all.
Yogani isn't guiding you because he doesn't know you like an old school guru did. But he provides the method for finding your inner guru, and also he provides an incredible database that your inner guru may or may not use.

When new people come here, they see what seems to be a very large system, and it may look like college courses, where you start with Yoga 101 and move up.
So we have to remind them to get back to basics; meditate and find you inner guru. Then who knows what incredible path you will be guided along?
The path for each person is different! Only your inner guru knows what your path is. . .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000