Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Emergence of Side Channels in Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  07:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

Just a reminder below from my email on favoring the spinal nerve when side channel (ida/pingala) activity begins to emerge. This will expand over time, gradually yielding the rope, column and all-consuming whirling energy vortex experiences. Then it all smooths out as purifiction advances and friction becomes less. Then we feel minimal friction, even as the whole world becomes contained in our energy field -- stillness moving ever-outward on our ecstatic radiance, the emergence of conscious omnipresence. All the while we continue to favor the spinal nerve in the center during our spinal breathing sessions. There is more on this in the new Spinal Breathing book, which should be on Amazon in a week or two.
-------------------------------------

Q: For the past 2 days my spinal breathing has been different, moving up and down is like a ribbon, not a column any more, moving up is along the middle and left and is blue, moving down is along the middle and right, and is red. I have been trying to adjust it so it is a column again and is centered, but it keeps going back to a ribbon and off center, should I let it go?

A: The experience sounds nice. However, we always favor the procedure of the practice, no matter what the experience may be. That means favoring the center of the spinal column -- the spinal nerve. No strain. We don't fight the experience, whatever it is. It is just a favoring of the central nerve. There will be many more experiences like this on one, both or all sides. They come from favoring the center channel -- they are effect rather than cause. They are purification and opening

The guru is in you.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  08:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My first experience of ecstatic conductivity and channels was the currents in Ida and Pingala. I could trace it all the way up to the root of my nose and back down again. One day the ecstatic conductivity was "sucked into" a "hole" in perineum (I can't explain this in any other way.....i remember perceiving what felt like the conductivity was being vacuumed up/into this "black hole" in perineum). For about a night and a day there was absolutely nothing happening. Then i felt the first ecstacy in the spine. For a few months the current rode in both the spine and the Ida and Pingala, then after starting AYP it all gradually focused in the spine. From there the conductivity gradually spread out to cover the rest of the body and it now permeats space outside the body. (Not all the time - when i busy myself it stays within my body. But the instant i relax...I spread out).

I love spinal breathing and am eternally grateful to Yogani for this...awsome tool.

I love the wait for the book.

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  11:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine:

Isn't it wonderful how so many here are having similar experiences? The telltale signs of the journey are revealed.

It all rides on the cultivation of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity, which we do with the core practices of deep meditation and spinal breathing. All the other methods we use are expansions on or utilizations of these two qualities. In time the two become One, and that is a new dynamic.

This theme of the marriage of polarities is common in the traditions. We are giving it a good dose of practical application and exposure here. One of the best public airings of such phenomena ever. And lo and behold, we find that the metaphorical dance of Shiva and Shakti is none other than the dance of our own emerging enlightenment!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  02:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani wrote:
quote:
Isn't it wonderful how so many here are having similar experiences? The telltale signs of the journey are revealed

Yes. It is wonderful
Being a part of this feels like being a living library....a living book....

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Being a part of this feels like being a living library....a living book....

How true..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000