Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Need a good laugh?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  10:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7rWLzloOI

**there is explicit language in this video

love Osho...

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  10:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh..

The Fallen Bodhisattva with the bad jokes ...

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  5:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  7:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's like George Carlin for the spiritually infarcted

or maybe Phistophicles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLG...ature=relmfu
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  03:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another 'explicit language warning.' Osho's point seems true even of the non-English speaking world:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/austria.asp
("Not so fast please", on the photo, kind of reconnects this thread even to quite serious topics... )

Haven't tasted their H*** yet (well, nevermind a label saying "Ale", but I prefer alcohol free):
www.spiegel.de/international...86305,00.html

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Jul 25 2011 05:30:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  09:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Osho was not as enlightened as he wanted people to think IMO, he was not above using people to put it frankly and not a very nice person.

Edited by - yogesh on Jul 25 2011 1:18:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  5:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
he was what he was...his problem ...not my concern or yours
....though it would be better not to judge anyone

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 25 2011 5:50:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  6:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He seems kind of insincere to me, but many people report getting spiritual boosts from him. And who could say that being enlightened turns you into a nice, proper person? If so, I don't want any part of it. I could move to England and learn to be proper faster than meditating twice a day.
It just proves that looking for the perfect teacher or information is not the best route.
Find your inner guru, and who knows what valuable lessons you may learn from unlikely sources?
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  9:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a misconception that enlightenment somehow automatically transforms the personality.

Enlightenment is the recognition and existential shift into your true nature. One still functions via the personality and uses the personality as a medium. There were many enlightened masters who were far from being pious.

You have gone to the other shore. You have transcended duality. You have crossed the fields or right doing and wrong doing. You have seen the personality as insubstantial and inherently non-existence. Why bother?

Osho was radical. He did things to smash people's conditioning as any good and true master should. It terrified many as they saw this as an attack to their frail and limiting belief systems, ergo saw it as an attack on them.

Edited by - wakeupneo on Jul 25 2011 9:40:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

he was what he was...his problem ...not my concern or yours
....though it would be better not to judge anyone

Osho was more judgmental

Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  11:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

There is a misconception that enlightenment somehow automatically transforms the personality.

Enlightenment is the recognition and existential shift into your true nature. One still functions via the personality and uses the personality as a medium. There were many enlightened masters who were far from being pious.

You have gone to the other shore. You have transcended duality. You have crossed the fields or right doing and wrong doing. You have seen the personality as insubstantial and inherently non-existence. Why bother?

Osho radical. He did things to smash people's conditioning as any good and true master should. It terrified many as they saw this as an attack to their frail and limiting belief systems, ergo saw it as an attack on them.

yea that was Osho's 'Sthick', the shock jock guru, it got boring to some of us after a while...

FYI: He borrowed quite a bit from J Krishnamurti and Alan Watts and spiced things up a bit with his own techniques that he claimed were better for mankind 'cough cough'

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  03:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
And who could say that being enlightened turns you into a nice, proper person?

very well said wakeupneo and ether

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 26 2011 03:02:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  04:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lesson 260 seems a good answer to that debate

http://www.aypsite.org/260.html
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  09:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
And who could say that being enlightened turns you into a nice, proper person?

very well said wakeupneo and ether

very well, however enlightenment should not turn you into a 'nasty' person...

Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  09:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry I was an Osho Sannyasin for years and just dont buy it anymore...

cheers
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  09:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer Yoganis approach in teaching and not putting himself above all other traditions and teachers or making outlandish claims about his own enlightenment or who he is...

to not be ensnared in a personality cult is important for spiritual progress IMO

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  2:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
to not be ensnared in a personality cult is important for spiritual progress IMO

totally agree with that

plus the most important thing is that one is comfortable with him/her self
good luck
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  3:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dont fall into that trap as indicated by Yogani
"Acolytes will defend the imperfections of the guru as being part of the perfect plan, while those prone to judgment will run the other way. Neither is right."(AYP Lesson 260)
Peace
m.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  5:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

dont fall into that trap as indicated by Yogani
"Acolytes will defend the imperfections of the guru as being part of the perfect plan, while those prone to judgment will run the other way. Neither is right."(AYP Lesson 260)
Peace
m.

I agree with Yogani, however I dont consider Osho a Guru nor did he himself.

namaskar

Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  5:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
anyway, I am not here on this forum to speak out against Osho...

sorry my opinion is somewhat jaded, I'll leave it at that and wish you all well who like him.

peace

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  6:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yogesh wrote:
"very well, however enlightenment should not turn you into a 'nasty' person..."
If it does, it probably uncovered something that you were hiding. . .but I agree; the path has made it easier for me to get along with people because I understand them and myself better. Oh, I just realized aging does that too. Well, i'd like to think meditation has enhanced it, if for no other reason than less stress while communicating.

-----------
"I prefer Yoganis approach in teaching and not putting himself above all other traditions and teachers or making outlandish claims about his own enlightenment or who he is..."

I agree, and that's what makes him the BEST guru of all time . . .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000