Enlightenment Milestones
 Going Back to An enlightened state
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MooNiNite

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  7:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
up until i was about 15 or 16 i was living in an enlightened state naturally. But due to stress and school i have lost this state. Do you guys think it is easier to go back to this state of mind and inner silence again considering i had once lived in it?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  02:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mooninnite and welcome.

The question is really "what do you think."

I'm not sure anyone truly knows what enlightenment means? Guru's tell us that we are enlightened already there is nothing to go back to and nothing to achieve we have always been enlightened we just seek to smother the truth by letting the mind weave a net of illusion.

Personally I have no idea what an enlightened state might be and have no wish to attain something which suggests is only another mind created thought. However everyone needs some driver to continue any course of action and it's as good a goal as any.

For me it's discovery, curiosity, experimentation and AYP deep meditation is my chosen tool.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  04:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum mooninite-
Funny name; my relatives are mennonite.
I agree with Karl. The path to enlightenment tends to minimize the mind, so using it to define the path is sort of an oxymoron.
People tend to think of enlightenment as a perfect state, or a state with no more problems, but neither of those are compatible with life on earth. Like the name "enlightenment" says however, for many people life can be made much less of a burden, easier, more positive, less stressful, more productive, and more fun. If that is what you had you can easily return there. Stress is one of the worst things for our health and well being, and meditation can get rid of it.
Perfection is an illusion because that would mean no more change, and life is all about change. And the thing that makes problems horrible is the unenlightened mind. Once we can look at them without stress they become fun challenges, and we feel powerful instead of oppressed.
So begin reading the main lessons, or deep meditation book, begin meditating twice a day for 15 minutes or so each, and once that stress is gone life should be much more enjoyable.
Go to Top of Page

MooNiNite

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  03:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input guys!

sorry for the lack of detail!!

My question was more on the lines of adjusting my nervous system again, like in a kundalini sense. but after that i think the best answer is to just take Yogani's words and take it light and see how i feel.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  5:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MooNiNite

up until i was about 15 or 16 i was living in an enlightened state naturally. But due to stress and school i have lost this state. Do you guys think it is easier to go back to this state of mind and inner silence again considering i had once lived in it?

Assuming when you say "enlightened state of inner silence" you are referring to abidance in pure consciousness.

Would it be easier to get there... Yes, recognition is the hardest part. That fact that there was this conscious recognition is incredibly important. You know what it is, you know it's utter simplicity, you know that it is who you really are!

So relax, don't look for enlightenment but rather BE enlightenment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000