Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Keto Diet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
52 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2024 :  9:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello There,
I?ve been wondering if any of you are on a keto diet. From what I understand, it?s all about removing all the carbs (Rice, Pastas, Noodles, Bread, Fruits ? ) ans also root vegetables (Carrots, Potatoes,?). The body should then only receive mostly fats and a bit of proteins.
Meat, Eggs, Oils, Nuts, Green Vegetables builds 90% of food intake.

Personnally I find it really hard to integrate the keto diet in my daily life, but I?m able to feel that too much carbs and sugar trouble my focus and lower my attention. That?s why I removed refined sugar since a week. Is any of you on keto ?
Love,
Niels

Wil

Sweden
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2024 :  03:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, here is some input from me:

I never got into this Keto for longer than a month, as by then I felt bad and lethargic constantly. Going keto for a day or two is amazing. Less anxiety and mind fog. Similar to fasting.

Although, I feel that I need this carb-induced 'anxiety' somehow. It feels like I am turning away from the full experience of life with this diet?! A cup of coffee (to feel full) and some eggs in the morning and I am 100 percent ready for concentrated intellectual pursuits and it is lovely. Somehow it is still off for me though. I'd rather have a small, small, fiber rich meal and be 'normal' hungry instead. A diet which creates the same dampening of this anxiety.

Diet opinion that both me and Yogani have uttered: make the diet light and nutritious. And all that fat and protein is not light to me and even the Ayurvedas. In another sense fat rich food is spoken well of in the Vedas, if I am not mistaken, esp butter and milk. I even think the Gita alludes to fat food if it is nourishing. Below is the relevant quote.

"Persons in the mode of goodness prefer foods that promote life span, and increase virtue, strength, health, happiness, and satisfaction. Such foods are juicy, succulent, nourishing, and naturally tasteful." - Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 17, Verse 8

Lastly, I agree with Yogani that diet is secondary focus when it comes to driving the car fuelled by, ehm mindblowing, sitting spiritual practice!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000