Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Energy's moving in from my feet, why is that?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Wyn

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2024 :  07:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys, I would like to ask, perhaps, a silly question:

Initially, when I started meditation in February, I felt energy moving out from my feet. I could also feel energy moving in, though it wasn't very frequent.

Lately, I have felt the opposite. Whenever meditating, I can feel energy constantly moving in from my feet, but I am unaware of where the 'unwanted' energy goes. Also, when I hold my breath, some of the energy rises up to my upper body, even to my head. Am I supposed to do that, or not really?

I'm just curious about how the process works. I was wondering if there is any lesson here we could possibly learn?

Edited by - Wyn on Jun 01 2024 07:45:03 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4437 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2024 :  11:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wyn,

Energy (prana) will move around your body during meditation and at other times of the day. It is necessary for life to function. Usually we are not aware of it, but during meditation we can become aware of things that we did not notice before. Also, meditation will cause the flows of energy in the body to change, as part of the purification process. It is nothing to be concerned about unless anything is happening that is uncomfortable or painful.

Sometimes the breath can suspend during meditation and this is quite natural and normal. This is often accompanied with prana rising in the body. Again, it is a natural part of the process of purification. Don't be deliberately suspending your breath during meditation, but if it happens naturally it is fine to let it happen.

There is quite a lot on breaths suspension in the AYP lessons. Just do a search on "kumbhaka" using the search tool when you are on the website homepage.
Go to Top of Page

qspadone

France
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2024 :  2:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I'd like to react to this as I am currently experiencing similar symptoms as to what has been described (energy moving through my body in random ways). This is actually quite uncomfortable (o the point where it prevents me from fulfilling my daily obligations) and I have tried a number of times to just let it pass through, hoping that it would end. When I do that, things happen such as automatic yoga (asanas, legs shaking, ...). However, it does not seem to end. I have done it this morning for a couple of hours but it seemed that the energy just wanted to rise to the crown (a lot of chin pump happens, as well as some fast shaking, up and down and many other things (kriyas I believe). I am not sure that this is good for me given my overload background.

For background, I presumably had an premature crown opening which, according to Christi (and Yogani), can take a long time to stabilize. I have not yet found stability.

Yogani talks about it here : http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=590

"The crown is like a spiritual vacuum cleaner that literally sucks all of our pranic energy up and out. This is great when the nervous system is sufficiently purified to handle it. But before that it can be a major reaming -- not very comfortable, and difficult to control if it gets out of hand -- shades of Gopi Krishna there."

Another thing I am doing, hoping to make this end, is that I focus on the soles of my feet all throughout the day, hoping that the energies become grounded through them. As I do this, I experience a lot of tingles in my feet and also in my body. I'm not entirely sure that this is a correct way of grounding this excess of energy. I hope I'm not doing the opposite (i.e. bringing more energy in my subtle nervous system).

I seem to find a some relief through this, though, as it enables me to take care of my daily obligations.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

I currently have cut back to zero practices, aside from what I have described above. Is this correct grounding practice? Since I have a desk job (which I find not grounding at all - I basically am facing a computer screen for 40 hours a week, barely ever talking to anyone), I find that I still need to 'do' something on top of just 'being' at my desk, otherwise I would get lost in my head completely. The energy just wants to go up and up and it does not seem to end.

I am going to go for more walks and play sports everyday, focusing as much as I can on my feet touching the earth.

P.S.: To find grounding, I have tried many other things such as keeping my awareness centered on my muladhara chakra, keeping my awareness on the breath through the day, deliberately relaxing my anal sphincter all through the day (I found that it is somehow always flexed, I don't know whether this is normal or not), favoring sambhavi all through the day to draw prana through the third eye instead of it being sucked up by the crown, and some other things.

In other words, I'm super lost and confused. I feel like I just try random things which completely deviate from AYP. I did 5 minutes of breath meditation yesterday (isn't the breath supposed to be grounding?) and afterwards I had a huge surge of energy in my head and the muscles at the back of the skull became tense, as they so often do these days.

I know I should basically not do anything spiritual and only do grounding activities but I'm confused as to what actually grounds me, and this overload stuff really confuses me.

Another thing which comes to mind, is that last year I was doing this thing where I kept my awareness centered on/in my head for days and days on end, sometimes specifically targetting the pineal gland. This most likely aggravated my premature crown opening ... It felt like it gave me access something 'superior', some ability, .. so I kept doing it.

Edited by - qspadone on Jul 23 2024 3:44:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4437 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2024 :  5:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Qspadone,

Letting the energy flow through you, as an active practice, can simply make symptoms of energetic overload worse, as you have noticed. The energy will tend to follow the path of least resistance, and if the crown is open, this will tend to be up through the open crown.

Bringing the energy through the soles of the feet is less likely to cause problems, as the feet are a long way from the crown and from the other six major chakras. But even this is not guaranteed to help. The chakras in the feet are connected to the root chakra via two energy channels in the legs. So, activating the chakras in the feet can lead to the activation of the root, and to an increase in prana flowing up through the sushumna nadi to the crown. This is why bringing your attention to the feet is not given as an effective grounding practice that will work for everyone.

It is best to simply reduce all spiritual practices (to zero if necessary) until things settle down and to use the recommended grounding activities such as walking in nature. Bringing your attention to the breath is a spiritual practice, as is doing anything with the muscles at the perineum. Even bringing your attention to these muscles is a spiritual practice, so it is best to drop all these things.

Using Shambhavi to bring the prana away from the crown can be useful during practice time if too much prana is flowing up into the crown, but using it during the day is likely to just increase the overall flows of Prana in the body. Things could easily spiral out of control.

And yes, spending a lot of time every day focusing your attention in your head could easily lead to a premature crown opening. I would strongly advise not doing that again. In AYP there is a -testing at the crown- practice. But this is only for advanced students and is only done for very short amounts of time each day such as 30 seconds, or a minute.

Spending several hours a day (or more) focussing on walking, swimming, cleaning the house and so on, is much more likely to actually stabilise the energies in your body.

Do read lesson 69 on grounding and self-pacing if you have not done so already:

https://www.aypsite.org/69.html

This winter I published a book called: Kundalini Awakening - Questions and answers: A guide for spiritual practitioners. It has a chapter devoted to dealing with difficult and painful kundalini issues. That can be found here:

https://www.aypinternational.com/ne...and-answers/
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000