Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Two New Books: AYP+ book and Prayers & Poems book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 10 2024 :  6:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

Still here, with a heart melted by the inspiring discussions you all continue to have. Thank you for your sharings.

Some have asked, "What is the initiation for AYP practitioners?" Can there be any doubt? It is your inner awakening, which you are experiencing directly as a result of dedicated practice. The guru (and initiation) is truly in you.

As you may know, I was mostly out of commission for a few years with some health issues. Now, recently, we have managed to publish two new books. It would not have been possible without Nina, AYP's able assistant (thank you!). The books are becoming available as we speak, and you can check status at the embedded links below, or by clicking on the covers in the right side border on this page (or bottom on small screens):

The AYP Plus Lessons - Nearly 1000 Lessons on Spiritual Practices and Experiences (eBook, and paperbacks added in late June)

The AYP Plus on-line service has been going since 2015, with many content additions and enhancements since then. Over the years, some have asked if it would be possible to provide an "off-line" version of the Plus Lessons, not dependent on an internet connection. This large eBook is in response to those requests. It is all of the lessons, but not all of on-line AYP Plus, which includes audio and video for the lessons, all of the AYP books and audiobooks available on-line, a private support forum, and many other easily accessible features.

Prayers and Poems - Dissolving the Ego in the Divine - Book 12 of the AYP Enlightenment Series - (eBook, Paperback, Hardcover, and Audiobook)

This is a very different AYP book, written in the 1980s, documenting my struggles as a householder yogi during the "middle years" on my path. It is an account of my personal journey, involving the active surrender of the ego to the inner Divine (abiding inner silence), in the form prayers and poems written during that time.

The Introduction (2024) and the "Letter to a Fellow Practitioner (1988)" provide details on my life and path not found anywhere else in the AYP writings. At the time (1980s), I was already 15 years into practices. The AYP writings did not begin until 15 years after that (early 2000s). So while this book is appearing near the end of the AYP writings, it is actually the beginning, a harbinger of things to come much later. I could not have imagined how it would all happen in the future, but happen it did. All I wanted was Union, and to eventually share for the benefit of others.

These books are offered with love. Thank you for taking the journey of awakening by your chosen path, which is the awakening of everyone - candles lighting candles. It is much needed.

The guru is in you.

nina

USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 10 2024 :  9:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit nina's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 11 2024 :  03:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I'll give it some attention
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
21 Posts

Posted - May 11 2024 :  11:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news, thank you Yogani. It's so good to have you here again and I hope you will stay with us for a very long time
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 11 2024 :  2:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

This feels like a gift. Thank you. I ordered a copy, looking forward to reading it.
May all the gifts you make to the world returned to you multiplied by thousands.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 12 2024 :  12:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What an amazing gift! Thank you so much Yogani! So grateful for your continued sharing
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 13 2024 :  8:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your offering of Love has changed my Life Forever! Thank you Yogani for another beautiful gift!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 14 2024 :  06:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have already downloaded Prayers and Poems and started reading last week. I was delighted to suddenly come across a new book from Yogani that had not yet been announced.
I am finding it very touching and in a sense relieving. It mirrors my own struggles.

Thank you, Yogani.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Barefoot Burton

USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 19 2024 :  2:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, I am but a grade school level student in the AYP system but do often experience a wonderful inner peace among many other benefits and would therefore like to offer my humble gratitude for your teachings.

Back when I was a young lad in grade school, we would bring an apple to the teacher as an expression of thanks. I don?t know how to get an apple to you today, so in place of an apple, as I now see that you are a lover of poetry, I offer the following limerick as my "apple of appreciation". (Limericks being the lowest highest form of poetry in my humble opinion and your poetry offerings do contain a few limericks that I thoroughly enjoyed.)

There once was an author with a nom de plume of Yogani,
Who penned prose of advanced yoga practices so brawny.
That a gentle mantra he shared
Juxtaposed with some tantra if you so dared!
Would forthwith place his reader into a state of samadhi!!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 19 2024 :  5:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Thanks for your kind replies, and thank you BB for the great "apple" limerick.

If anyone finds a poem or two from the book worth sharing in the forum, feel free to do so. They are for that. Oh, and if anyone would like to share thoughts on either of the new books with the folks at Amazon, feel free to do that also.

Here is one I enjoyed rediscovering 40 years later called, "I Want My Halo Back."

Lord, you must hear me now
I've seen the way past bumps and clouds
I've come to ask you without lack
May I please have my halo back?

You see I have been working hard
To undo my state of such retard
And see the light upon my head
And leave the world for you instead

A house cleaning I've had you must agree
And give my halo back to me
Without it I'm lost in the world of curse
Crawling in darkness or something worse

So heed this call from your little child
Who has finally come back from the wild
He's raised the light and learned the knack
He's come to get his halo back

Go to Top of Page

elderberry

USA
37 Posts

Posted - May 20 2024 :  8:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unbelievably excited for these new books!

I see that the AYP plus lessons are currently only available in e-book format.
Are there any plans to create a printed version of this book?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  12:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by elderberry

Unbelievably excited for these new books!

I see that the AYP plus lessons are currently only available in e-book format.
Are there any plans to create a printed version of this book?

Hi Elderberry,

The AYP Plus book is 1600 pages, and we did not want to tackle a printed version just yet. It would be two 800 page volumes or three 500+ page volumes. In either case, we would keep the font size big enough to be easily readable. So no way the whole thing will fit into one physical volume.

There have been some complaints about the font size in the 800 page Forum Posts paperback book being too small, and we don't want to repeat that mistake. Anyone who has the Forum Posts paperback can write for a free ebook version, which is very readable, has links to all the original forum posts, and is searchable. The free ebook offer is on the copyright page of the Forum Posts paperback.

All of which is to say, publishing 1600 pages in print is more challenging, and less easy for the reader to navigate (or carry around!) than an ebook. This is why we decided to go the ebook route first on the AYP Plus lessons for an off-line version. Not saying there will be no print version, but timing is unknown at this point.

Those who are familiar with the AYP Plus online service know that we have audio available there that I recorded for the AYP Plus lessons, in addition to all the other online content and features. There is a possibility that these recordings will be made into one or two AYP Plus audiobooks. It is nearly 1000 lessons and additions, so it would be a really big audiobook(s). Timing for that is also unknown.

These additional things are on the "wish list." It's just a matter of if and when we can get it all done. Hope so.

I am very happy we could get the AYP Plus ebook and all the formats for Prayers and Poems done and now available.

Thanks for inquiring, and all the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
160. "I"

I am silence
All pervading
Timeless
Untouched
Untouching
The only existence
The All of all
I veil myself
And I am you
I veil myself
And I am the world
I veil myself
And I am all
I veil myself
And I am good and evil
Pleasure and pain
Joy and sorrow
When unveiled
I am bliss
Truth
Ever existent
Eternal life
I veil myself
And become lost
As you
When unveiled
I am found
To be you
And you to be me

Edited by - Blanche on May 21 2024 12:57:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Barefoot Burton

USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  6:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

160. "I"

I am silence...

Blanche, thank you for sharing this beautiful poem by Yogani. It is one of my favorites from his book. Someday I hope to relate to it experientially rather than from just an aspirational point of view.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - May 27 2024 :  1:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2024 :  05:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

We just added two large paperback volumes (Parts 1&2, 800 pages each) covering all of the AYP Plus lessons. They can be found at the same link as the ebook: https://www.aypsite.org/books.html#aypplus

They are a bit expensive due to the high printing cost for such big books, but we wanted to get them out there, as some had asked for them.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2024 :  02:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2024 :  3:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again All,

We have completed an audiobook covering all of the AYP Plus lessons. It is nearly 100 hours of audio and can be found at the same link as the ebook and paperback editions: https://www.aypsite.org/books.html#aypplus

We are still waiting for it to appear in all the channels, but it is now available through Amazon, Audible and Apple audiobooks.

While we were at it, audiobooks were created for the two original AYP Easy lessons books, which can be found here: https://www.aypsite.org/books.html#ayp1
See more on these over here.

This completes the "wish list" for publishing discussed in the above post. Now I think we will take a break.

Wishing you all the best on your continuing path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2024 :  10:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's lovely to hear from you, Yogani
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2024 :  4:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and you BR!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000