Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Could I do "chaitanya" meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

melanite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2024 :  10:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Could I do "chaitanya" meditation?

I didn't do good with "i am" meditation in past.

I also like atman and samadhi.

Summer never ends.

Christi

United Kingdom
4444 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2024 :  1:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Melanie,

You are free to do any meditation practice you want to. Obviously you would be off the AYP baseline practice and would be engaging in your own experiment. We could not predict the long-term results of that.

You could keep us updated here on how you get on.

Be careful about switching your meditation practice often from one thing to another. It is quite common these days for people to do that. In my day it was called ?spiritual window shopping?. No harm in that in the early days of the path. But at some point it is necessary to settle down to one practice and to dig deep in that place. That is the only way we can find water.

You may find this lesson useful:

Baseline Systems of Practice and Research on Modifications

Go to Top of Page

melanite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2024 :  01:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, my user name is actually a gemstone, melanite. It's black.

Ok, so don't change the meditation. Thanks.

I have Pleiadean looking guide that says, it's possible to meditate ON "ELIXIR". Elixir help purify body.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4444 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2024 :  2:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi melanite,

Sorry for spelling your name wrong.

There are actually thousands of different kinds of meditation, and with the existence of the internet, most of them are now available to people for the click of a button. The question is, which is the most effective for attaining liberation? Certainly someone could meditate on the elixir produced by the body. Someone could meditate on a candle flame. Someone else could meditate on a shining white lotus flower that they are visualising slightly above the top of the head. Some of these meditation objects could be useful, whilst others may have disadvantages. Some may be outright dangerous, causing people to suffer for many years. The last one I mentioned would be dangerous for most people.

So, what we do here, is to offer a safe and effective method of meditation, that will work for almost everyone. We do not offer ineffective forms of meditation, or dangerous ones. The meditation instructions for AYP start here:

https://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Any experimentations with other practices have to be at your own risk, and unfortunately we are not able to predict the long-term results.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000