Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Correct Order of Practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elderberry

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2024 :  5:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In Lesson 209 Yogani provides a suggestion for the correct order of practices:

Asanas - 10 min
Spinal breathing - 10 min
Chin pump - 5 min
Spinal bastrika - 5 min
Meditation - 20 min
Samyama - 10 min
Yoni mudra - 5 minutes
Targeted or crown bastrika (optional) - 5 min
Rest - 5 min (or more)

And then in lesson 385 we are given the following order of practices:

Asanas (10 minutes learned sometime after deep meditation and spinal breathing)
Spinal Breathing Pranayama (10 minutes learned second, after deep meditation)
Chin Pump (2-3 minutes learned sometime after spinal breathing)
Spinal Bastrika (2-3 minutes learned sometime after spinal breathing)
Deep Meditation (20 minutes learned first)
Core Samyama (10 minutes learned after deep meditation and spinal breathing, when abiding inner silence is recognized)
Yoni Mudra (2-3 minutes learned sometime after spinal breathing)
Cosmic Samyama (5 minutes learned sometime after core samyama)
Rest (5 minutes or more included at the end of all sittings)

The first list leaves out cosmic samyama. The second list leaves out targeted/crown bastrika.

If one is performing targeted/crown bastrika as well as cosmic samyama, what is the correct ordering of the practices in that case?

Since cosmic samyama is done in corpse pose, my intuition is to put it as the very last practice after spinal/crown bastrika, but before rest. As the corpse pose would flow nicely into rest, creating the following order:

Asanas - 10 min
Spinal breathing - 10 min
Chin pump - 5 min
Spinal bastrika - 5 min
Meditation - 20 min
Samyama - 10 min
Yoni mudra - 5 minutes
Targeted or crown bastrika (optional) - 5 min
Cosmic Samyama (5 minutes learned sometime after core samyama)
Rest - 5 min (or more)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edited by - elderberry on Jun 08 2024 7:03:38 PM

elderberry

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2024 :  11:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I found the answer. Upon further investigation into lesson 385.1, the chart suggests that cosmic samyama always comes last, after the second round of energy cultivation (yoni mudra and the optional targeted bastrika)
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2024 :  6:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Elderberry, It seems to me the order of these practices evolved as Yogani released the lessons and received feedback. Ultimately as you come to trust the inner guru you can adjust some to make the practices fit for you. I had reached out to Yogani a few years ago asking him if it was ok to do the morning routine lying down as that worked best for my circumstances. He gave the usual disclaimer about being unable to predict how these practices may work when modified and pointed out the limitations (e.g. not being able to do chin pumps or siddhasana} . When creating a program to release to the public certain decisions have to be made that may not work for everyone.

Having said that I repeatedly came back to appreciating the wisdom of all of his recommendations as I have experienced the benefits as promised.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2024 :  10:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by elderberry

I think I found the answer. Upon further investigation into lesson 385.1, the chart suggests that cosmic samyama always comes last, after the second round of energy cultivation (yoni mudra and the optional targeted bastrika)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000