Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 When to Being Using Targeted/Crown Bastrika?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elderberry

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2024 :  5:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been taking a look at the lessons on targeted bastrika and crown bastrika.

For those who integrate targeted/crown bastrika into their practice, what does your practice look like?

1. Do you do targeted/crown bastrika during every session? Or does it come and go, doing it some days and leaving it out on others, depending on how your ecstatic conductivity is feeling?

2. Targeted bastrika seems like a tricky practice to integrate because one needs to feel energy "blockages" as a prerequisite for engaging in the practice. Can anyone share their experiences on how they knew they had a blockage which would benefit from targeted bastrika?

For example, during spinal breathing pranayama, I will often feel noticeable conductivity in my perineum, and I will also feel conductivity in my upper back, neck and head. However there seems to be a bit of a "gap" in conductivity in my lower to mid back. It's as if the conductivity skips this part of my body and goes right to my upper body.

Is this the sign of a blockage which would benefit from targeted bastrika? Or am I confusing symptoms?

3. Self-pacing is obviously emphasized in all energy practices, but it seems to be especially emphasized when it comes to the crown. Premature opening of the crown certainly seems like something one wants to avoid. With this in mind, how does one know when they are ready for crown bastrika, and by extension, somewhat ready for an opening of the crown?

Edited by - elderberry on Jun 08 2024 5:53:29 PM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2024 :  05:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.aypsite.org/199.html

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2024 :  11:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Elderberry,

Yes, you are right in that regular targeted spinal bhastrika is used to clear blockages in the subtle nervous system, so would only be used when there are blockages. A blockage could be experienced as a pain at a point in the spine, or as the absence of any sensation. So, both of those situations could be cases where targeted spinal bhastrika would be beneficial. Generally the practice would be used until the blockage is cleared, unless the practice itself proves to be too stimulating to the nervous system. However, if the blockage does not shift soon, then it may well not be an energetic blockage, but could have a physical cause, in which case targeted spinal bhastrika would not do much to help, so could be dropped. Stubborn blockages can take longer to shift, so it is up to the practitioner to decide if they want to persist or not. The prerequisites for taking on targeted spinal bhastrika are in the lesson you linked to above, and include being able to feel the energy in the subtle nervous system.

Targeted root-to-crown bhastrika is another matter though. That is used to clear blockages in the crown chakra, but is not started until certain other prerequisites have been met. One of these prerequisites is that we have already been doing the testing process at the crown for some time, and that we are stable at the crown. So, the crown will already be open and we will have a good idea that it can handle the increased energetic flows that targeted root-to-crown bhastrika produces.

See here from lesson 199:

"Once we become stable in our visits to the crown, then we can take a more active role there. Still, we keep all of our advanced yoga practices the same. But we can add something. It was mentioned in the last lesson on targeted bastrika. Once our nervous system has been purified enough to carry the flow of energy stimulated by an open and active crown, then we can do additional targeted work there. One of the most efficient ways to do this is by using targeted bastrika between the crown and the root. We can do it with the crown raised and open, or closed. The former is more intense. We can use sambhavi and other mudras and bandhas while we do targeted bastrika between the crown and root. One thing we do not do, and that is do it without having met all the prerequisites of targeted bastrika, and also the testing and gradual development of crown awareness described above. If we are premature with anything involving attention at the crown, we will know it within a few hours. This applies especially to targeted bastrika, which is all-out stimulation of the crown." [Yogani]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000