Yoga, Career and Money
 Yoga, Career and Money :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
235 Posts

Posted - May 15 2024 :  5:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Working life can bring a lot of stress; stress and restlessness can work against calmness and peace. Do you think this can negatively effect our practices? Or: Do you make career choices with your spirituality in mind? I wonder, because I could step up in our business hierarchy. It certainly would bring more stress. I would rather not sacrifice spirituality for career and money. Does this even make sense, do you think there is a correlation?

th1996

Germany
33 Posts

Posted - May 16 2024 :  08:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always try to be honest to my heart...if my hearts wants it, I go for it. If not, than not.

To answer your question directly, yes it can have some effect on the practises. But the effect doesn?t matter, because it isn?t about how the practise is, it is about how daily life is.

So, more stress may will lead to less peace in practise, but it will lead in the long term to more peace in daily life, if practise is continued.

But I think the most important question is how u will have the most impact on society. In the new position u will have maybe more impact and value for your business and so to our society, which can have a great effect on your outpouring of divine love....
Go to Top of Page

Deer

Indonesia
32 Posts

Posted - May 17 2024 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato!

To answer your questions, I can only speak about my own personal experience. I formerly worked in a very high-stress and high-salary profession in which I felt ethically aligned but energetically drained.

Two years ago I left that profession on a leap of faith into a calling toward healing work and astrology. It has not been easy and it has been a path full of twists and turns but I feel more radiantly alive and authentically engaged with others than I have ever felt.

I basically moved from living in a future-based and fear-based orientation (i.e. work to save for retirement, etc.) to a faith-based day-to-day orientation towards life. I have no idea if tomorrow will ever come and so I live for the moment while also maintaining my values and what feels right ethically.

So to answer your questions, I have kept spirituality at the forefront of mind for the last two years and I have sacrificed a LOT of money, most people would not believe it if I told them, but I am much, much happier in the sense of feeling at peace within myself and in the world.

"Wealth" became redefined for myself on a deep and nuanced level and I no longer am afraid of not having enough food, shelter, etc. I trust the Divine to provide, and I feel that all I need to do is be of service every day in the way the life is asking for. I do want to share that before I left my profession, I was actively planning to do so for three years, and studying healing and other spiritual topics at quite some depth. I hope that is helpful for you to hear and answers your questions. Feel free to DM if you would like any support with your path
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
235 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  1:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks th1996, for your thoughts.

quote:
Originally posted by Deer

I basically moved from living in a future-based and fear-based orientation (i.e. work to save for retirement, etc.) to a faith-based day-to-day orientation towards life. I have no idea if tomorrow will ever come and so I live for the moment while also maintaining my values and what feels right ethically.

I trust the Divine to provide, and I feel that all I need to do is be of service every day in the way the life is asking for.

This sounds great. When we did a 3 months trip with our kids last year, I had a feeling that everything we needed is provided and falls into place. It was wonderful to see and experience. However, back in working life, I still struggle to get back to this sense of letting-go.

I admire your strength to just follow your heart. I feel that I start to walk into that same direction but also feel that it is still some way to go. On the one hand, I still have to find the profession that will spark my passion. Until then, I don't want to allow a stressful job to interfere. I suspect that my high stress level goes hand in hand with irritability and restlessness, both of which do not help my spiritual journey.

I love your change of a future-based to a faith-based day-to-day orientation.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000