Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Alternative Mantras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George227

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2024 :  10:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I have moved through the two ayp mantra enhancements (along with all the other core ayp practices) and have had great results but my heart is guiding me to move onto a different mantra.

To be clear, I don't have any issue with the ayp mantras but I've had this feeling for a long time and I was hoping that someone here may have suggestions for an alternative mantra or perhaps could point me in the direction of where I could find a different mantra (or maybe create one by combining different sounds?).

Any ideas are welcome :)

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2024 :  2:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi George,

When people are practicing meditation the mind can create all sorts of desires, including the desire to start altering the practices. If you follow these desires, they tend to be endless and it can easily lead to quite a scattered spiritual practice. If someone wants to find water, then they need to dig a deep hole in one place. If they dig a number of shallow holes in different places, then they never find water. It is like that with mantras.

Putting mantras together to produce a safe and effective purification of the subtle nervous system is not an easy thing to do. It requires a high degree of knowledge of the whole process of spiritual purification and liberation. A mantra that works well for one person, could be dangerous for someone else to use. So, switching mantras is not something that should be done lightly.

This lesson gives a good overview of how mantras work in different ways in the subtle nervous system, and how complex it can be to create an effective mantra system that can be used safely by everyone.

Lesson 188 - Mantra Design 101
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
20 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2024 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's very good advice from Christi to avoid changing mantras. I have been struggling with this topic for a long time, for 7 years, during which I changed my mantra on average every few weeks (usually from AYP to TM and back). And I must say that changing mantras did not get me far in terms of spiritual development. That's why I try to no longer trust the whispers of my heart or the calls of my mind to change my practice, because I have learned the hard way that it can be a never-ending process. That's why I don't recommend anyone to follow my path. And I definitely recommend sticking to your current practice, especially if, as you write, it serves you well.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2024 :  12:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I have moved through the two ayp mantra enhancements (along with all the other core ayp practices) and have had great results but my heart is guiding me to move onto a different mantra.

My first seven years with AYP I progressed through all the enhancements. Then three years ago I had the opportunity to meditate with my adult daughter the AYAM mantra, and I found its simplicity resonated deeply in conductivity, this yogi has used it exclusively since. If you wish to stay within the AYP approach, perhaps try this first, and see if it resonates within your practice.

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 24 2024 12:36:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2024 :  10:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi George,

Have you tried the third mantra enhancement? Here the lesson from where you can find it :

https://www.aypsite.org/369.html

Edited by - Jac on Apr 24 2024 11:08:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

George227

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2024 :  3:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your responses, I was inspired by Dogboy's post and tried switching from the third enhancement that I had been using to I AM for one DM session. It didn't feel right; it felt like trying to drive fast in second gear.

After that, I decided it was best to stick with what I was doing, but then I had a dream...

I dreamt that I came across a nun who had a small following and was clearly spiritually advanced. We had an interaction that I don't remember clearly, then the group started a chant. I felt a strong, but gentle wave of bliss and I knew that they were chanting the mantra I've been seeking so I asked someone else at the scene what it was and they very clearly said "Aum Shavaya Mahasaya." I woke up just after and wrote it down.

In the morning I tried using the mantra and straight away it felt exactly right. I suppose it's true: the guru is within :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000