Yoga and Relationships
 Synchronistic connections with certain people
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

DreamWeaver

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2024 :  10:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What to make of synchronicities involving specific people, places, and dreams?

I had an unlikely encounter with someone I hadn't seen in years around the new year, and I'm having trouble integrating it. I want to describe what happened, but I've been trying to write about it for days and I can't get it out coherently! Maybe someday It'll flow out, but I'm basically wondering if we're connected to certain people 'behind the scenes' so to speak.

I don't know how much I believe in literal past lives or soulmates or guardian angels or whatever, but there is something about the connection with this person which seems potent and has now involved dream premonitions twice and centers around a trail through the woods that both of us consider holy ground. We were only in each other's lives for a few months, but we affected each other deeply. I have often likened her presence to being irradiated by something as if she's emitting light. She's the one that connected me to the mountains and the vision of what I want to accomplish in this worldly life. She got me praying and using the word 'God' again. And it was just after she and I parted ways that I stumbled on the Samaneri Jayasara channel and the teachings of Ramana Maharshi and finally heard what was being said. And she seems to have been the trigger for the awareness at the back of my heart that has been growing over the years.

So yeah. Do we have connections to others that belie whatever worldly roles we play in each other's lives? How is it possible that I've seen some of this in dreams months or years before?

Edited by - DreamWeaver on Feb 16 2024 10:08:25 PM

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2024 :  05:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
DreamWeaver, All these phenomenon seem to be beyond the scope of science. Ultimately this forces each of us to develop discernment as to the veracity/significance of these and other similar phenomenon. I used to be a huge sceptic but now have a few events in my life I find difficult to dismiss. Skeptical friends will invoke statistics to dismiss unlikely events. I've come to accept these phenomenon point towards something beyond the world of form and I consider them gifts which say "pay attention, this is significant"
Go to Top of Page

DreamWeaver

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2024 :  3:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

I've come to accept these phenomenon point towards something beyond the world of form and I consider them gifts which say "pay attention, this is significant"

Thanks, Interpaul. I think I've come to a similar conclusion. Maybe there's no explicit meaning other than a hard-to-dismiss guidepost on the trail of life that says "keep going."

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000