Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Kundalini???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Babu

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  10:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, I have done different types of training, but this one was more intuitive. So I am just curious how for some of you, who are aware of different types of training, would say in response to the following.

What I did intuitively, was to breathe in, and hold the breath, and where ever in the body it started to feel tense Id focus the attention on that area, where I would very much hold and squeeze even, that part of the body, and hardly breath out at all. The parts of the body that were often squeezed/held, were neck/face/hands/gut, and I also noticed that I hardly breathed out at all. I would then take in another breath, but I wouldn't force the breath, as it would somewhat creep in, IF anything, this technique that I honestly did intuitively was predominantly about GREATLY REDUCING THE BREATHING, and somewhat forcing that, and very much focusing on the pain that arose as a result. On one occasion I did this for over 12 hours, and was also intuitively doing stretches, such as, sitting up with my legs straight out and letting my torso fall onto my legs, and at times, Id feel like i was falling through the floor. Lots of fear of letting that all occur, fear of what would happen if i did, and Im not fussed about that anymore, Im conveying something that occured well over 5 years ago, and just curious where it fits in with kundalini,. This time i did this for a good 12 hours. I had what i would describe was an orgasmic bliss flood my being, to the point that it felt to dam good, to dam amazing, that there was fear involved of what would happen if I allowed it to continue. It was so intensely blissful that I literally thought that I would die if i allowed it to continue. I am assuming this was kundalini energy, or just a very good dream.(wink) These days, I dont do this much, I dont force this stuff, but do have some bodily healing to excel, so my intention is for that, and well see what comes of that.

I dare say this is just a form of breath work, that can promote different energies. At the time, I was throwing caution to the wind, and was trying to determine what the hell is going on here. Ive just always been curious if it was a technique commonly used. I also am not that well read with this stuff.

Babu

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 28 2011 10:39:58 PM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  8:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Babu

I could guess that the feelings of bliss you experienced could be kundalini. But from a marathon 12 hours of breath holding I am suprised you kept conscious and had still could feel your body!

I am sorry that I can not answer your question because I haven't looked into much other than Yoga and a little of Chinese systems.

However, I will say what a great system AYP is, cue sales pitch:

From my practice of stretching I do experience bliss; I find that if I indulge too much I can hurt myself with too much energy. You don't want that. If you read more of AYP you will come across a very popular phrase 'self-pacing'! It is mentioned for a reason.

If you want to experience bliss like you have start here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html the practices are effective; minimum time with tangible results. Less is more (another phrase). Much better spending 30 minutes twice a day than a 12 hour session. The former gives you time to eat, and time for other important things like - watching TV!

It sounds to me that you like stretching (I would have made a great detective), so 5-10 mins of light stretching before your sitting practice might be helpful. http://www.aypsite.org/71.html

Whatever you do, enjoy!

Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Babu

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  04:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hahahahah, No woosa, not quite. Just slowed it down, and forced it. It felt like It cleaned and cleared the body of built up energy, but is not a something I am wanting to pursue. I want to be gentle with the body, and it was at a time, I was, as said, throwing caution to the wind. I was just curious, as it really did bring on the most ecstatic sense of being, id ever experienced, but so what.
I will check out the supplied links woosa, as I was wanting, with intention some direction with maximizing my health, so thankyou very much

and yourself. ENJOY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000