Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 why are you reflecting back?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  02:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"Bhagavan warned me several times about the dangers of being attached to the i am the doer idea.One day i was walking along a path,i noticed several thorns,i took a branch from a tree and swept the path clean.That night at the ashram Bhagavan asked me:"who cleaned the path?".I told him that i had decided to clean it because of the thorns.Bhagavan then asked rather sharply " why are you reflecting on this act which you have done? if you dont look back at the acts you have done, a lot of benefits will accrue to you."(Living by the words of Bhagavan/David Godman)

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  07:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be kinda angry that he had asked me to reflect back, then told me not to!
But anyway, thanks for reflecting back on that lesson for us.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  03:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe Bhagavan would be satisfied if it takes you 5 minutes to remember that it was you who did clean the path...to gauge the depth of ur detachment
no joking with Bhagavan
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  7:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000