AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Sailing by Cristopher Cross
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  7:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last week Jeff wrote: "I am probably older than you, but try "Sailing" by Christopher Cross some time. I always think of it as sailing on a sea of consciousness." A Google search revealed that it was not Jeff's first time recommending that song. Last year had explained why the song meant so much to him: "Let the music flow over you. For fun, try something like 'Sailing' from Christopher Cross. it is an oldie from 1979 (the first song to get my K flowing), but I will argue that it is as powerful as the divine sound. For me, it is "sailing on a sea of consciousness'."

My wife has been listening to that song this week. She played the youtube video for me, and read the lyrics to me. She is going sailing for the first time in her life this coming week with co-workers. In anticipation of the trip, she mentioned the song to a twenty-something coworker and he gave a blank response. It was a hit in the '80s when she was his age and he was not yet born. The melodic scenery of our culture has changed.

I tried listening to the song as a meditation. Nice scenery -- very peaceful, somewhat escapist, very beautiful, poignant, and nostalgic.

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  07:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000