Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Has anybody read Celestine Prophecy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  4:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I must say that its stunned me into silence. I have always had a very deep intellectual interest in the esoteric ways. I guess it just connected and reinforced the dots I had already done so.

I very highly recommend it! I am positive it will appeal to all AYP'ers on a very deep level.

All I will say is that indeed there things that happen in life happen for a reason!

Maha

zantehood

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  6:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Celestine Prophecy is such an amazing read, ive read it several times, each time it has opened new revelations for me and i would not live without the 9 insights, i recommend it to everybody with all my heart.

..btw have you read the 3 other books in the series?
Go to Top of Page

jenniferad

47 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read The Celestine Prophecy many years ago and I enjoyed it very much.

Other books I enjoyed that are kind of "spiritual adventure" books: Illusions and One by Richard Bach, and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  3:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read the book 10 years ago. In my mind, it made a great source of inspiration as a metaphor of the path and effort of a seeker. Mere going to the "right" mountains and people probably won't take me a step further. The open mind (as implied everywhere in the book) will.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  3:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good read
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  5:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by zantehood

The Celestine Prophecy is such an amazing read, ive read it several times, each time it has opened new revelations for me and i would not live without the 9 insights, i recommend it to everybody with all my heart.

..btw have you read the 3 other books in the series?

I finished the first and and was like woah!

I have started the tenth insight and I am impressed.

In places I have found them quite profound.
Go to Top of Page

zantehood

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  7:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
havent read the sequels yet but im gonna get around to it one of these days :)
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  12:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  3:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jennifer and others who have read "The alchemist" by Paulo Coelho....

I got it from the library but it seems to be a graphical book looks like comics from harper collins - Before I begin reading, I just want to know if this is the right one.

Would you please let me know?

P.S This was a recommended reading of my ex girlfriend who was a spiritual darling as well, before we parted our ways. I'm guessing there are life lessons for me in this book!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  4:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Siva:

No, Coelho's "The Alchemist" is not originally a comic-style book. You can find the actual book on the list here: http://www.aypsite.com/booklist11.html

The Celestine Prophecy and other good ones are there too.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  12:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yognai,

Thankyou! I will get the original version and also have had the celestine prohecy for atleast 10 years now and havent really got around to read it. I will read this one as well...

Siva
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  10:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just read The Celestine Prophecy and saw the movie as well. Very inspiring. I like the description of how humans struggle for power until we discover where the real power comes from: within.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  10:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sivasambho

Hi Yognai,

Yognai! LOL. That is awesome. It puts a Kabbalah-like spin on Yogani--with a hint of elder tribalism sprinkled in.

As revered in the ancient scriptures: "Yognai was a wise old man who spoke from the mountain on high. Though many heard his words, no one could see him because of the blinding light that hid him."

The genius of mistakes!
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  1:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:
Originally posted by sivasambho

Hi Yognai,

Yognai! LOL. That is awesome. It puts a Kabbalah-like spin on Yogani--with a hint of elder tribalism sprinkled in.

As revered in the ancient scriptures: "Yognai was a wise old man who spoke from the mountain on high. Though many heard his words, no one could see him because of the blinding light that hid him."

The genius of mistakes!

Hi Bodhi,

Its interesting to know the spin. Usually when I find myself justifying my own blunders, then I know I am far from the truth. But here I am enjoying this one as its a friend that does it for me :)

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  4:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000