Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 even the desire of realization has to be given up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  08:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
the following remined me of Patanjali Yoga Sutras where in the end at the stage of Samadhi even the thought of self realization has to be given up cause it is a mental vasana like any other one...althought here in that quote Sarada is more targueting the ungenuine type of students
"if your motive for surrendering to me is desire for realization then you are no better than a monkey who pretends to make friends with a man so he can steal a mango which the man is holding.If the monkey has a real love for a man,the man may sense it and give him the mango, but if the monkey's eyes are always on the mango,the man will be aware of it and he will never let the monkey close enough to grab it"(No mind I am the Self/life and teaching of mathru sri sarada/david godman)

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  06:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

Gone, Gone,
Gone Beyond,
Gone altogether beyond,
The seeker who sought...
is gone forever.

All hail!

Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  02:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Even positive karma is a tension within eternity.
What we hold tense, does not fall limp,
into unbounded serenity.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000