Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 help to get rid of candida
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sara01

India
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  11:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i am suffering from candida. please help me!

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  1:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Diet usually has the biggest impact on controlling the yeast growth of Candida. Try eliminating sugars and carbs from your diet. Drinking achohol is the worst for Candida. Increasing meat and protein can also help.

Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  12:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sara,

Diet is a large factor. Eliminating sugar and most carbohydrate from your diet will help to minimise additional Candida growth.

Dietary change in itself is unlikely to flush out the yeast/fungus overgrowth causing the candida, however. I would also advise getting a decent anti-Candida product to clear out the yeast/fungus. One such product is 'Syclovir' and I recommend having a look online.

Finally, to build up the 'good bacteria' in your digestive tract, I would look into getting a good Probiotic formulation, preferably with 4 or more strains of bacteria. These are especially good if the candida is somehow related to previous use of antibiotic medicines, which are a common culprit in candida cases.

Jack

Edited by - Jack on May 16 2011 12:13:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  5:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sara,

Eliminating or reducing sugars and perhaps reducing carbs also may be worth considering.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I also add no fermented stuff like vinegar. Use lemon juice instead on your salad. Yogurt sometimes works also, unsweetened of course. For feminine areas yogurt tampons help a lot (sorry to be so blunt). Also have yourself checked for lichen planus which occurs usually in the mouth. Absolutely no gluten: which is basically wheat, rye, oats and barley. I've had it for over 25 years, stress is a mother too, so you're in the right place.
Best of luck.
larry
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  11:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff, aren't you the one who told me that cutting down on fat helps? I tried that and it made a difference in my sugar sensitivity, which I was told is candida related. In other words, the body doesn't process sugar correctly when there is fat present. A lot of vegetarians have trouble with this because they try to compensate for no meat protein by eating avocados, nuts, peanut butter, dairy fats like butter, etc.

Raw veggies like sprouts, wheat grass, and others i can't remember have lots of protein, so if you keep the fat low, especially at the time you eat sugars, it helps keep candida down. Don't cut out fat entirely though.

Taking probiotics helps, which are beneficial bacteria that crowd out candida.

look for something similar to this:

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Probiot...-Billion-CFU

It has 15 strains of bacteria, and 35 billion "Colony Forming Units"; make sure it is a capsule that survives stomach acid and bile. It's what I take, and it has all kinds of benefits besides fighting candida. It restores
proper microorganism balance in the intestine which is a big part of our immune system. It can become depleted from age, diet, antibiotic use, disease, and other things.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  11:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish,

I agree on not having too much fat. Let's say "lean" meat. increased protein was what I wanted to point out in addition to reducing sugars and starches. As you pointed out, nuts can also be a good source of protein, but I would not recommend peanuts or peanut butter. Not really a nut.

Peace & love.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  3:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's also a good idea to avoid mushrooms an quorn (concentrated mushroom protein).
Some natural medicines: garlic (very good), cammomille tea, lemon grass, diluted oregano oil or tea tree oil to be applied locally (given there's no allergy). Saw palmetto berry extract (a medicine from native North American tribes) is strong but makes a similar allergy warning, and doesn't fit very well into preorgasmic Tantra either (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#74070 ).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000