Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 grace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  6:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For many years I looked for grace
Although it was in this very same place

I didn't think to look within
I couldn't see for all my sins

Blinded by this doubtful mind
I sought refuge in the big outside

I have my spade so deeper I went
into this world of illusion...

Now you may wonder where did I go,
what did I do, and what do I know

All I can tell you is I'm still here...
making up my own karma.

One day I did sigh, sat down and did cry
please Lord tell me no lies.

I want to know the meaning of life
but which way do I turn?

I was told to look deep inside
which the mind denied it has really tried.

But now I know there's more to life
than digging my own grave...

You hear your fear, its drawing near
You turn to run and hide

many times has this been done
throughout your entire life.

Now the mind is tired and weary
with being on the run

the ego is deflated
finding running not much fun

you stop and turn to see your fear
its running very fast.

You realise its not stopping
as its heading for a crash

You stand there boldly waiting
for it to end your life

You feel as though your dieing
as it cuts through like a knife

You see it passing through you
and your fear it does go

You sit there in stunned wonder
What did you just go through?

David

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  7:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello I am David, and this is my journey to Stonehenge Summer solstice 2009. This journey started a small while back…

I was at the point of waking.

This is when most of my dreams are vivid, that is, in colour, sound, touch, etc and I can manipulate any outcome in a dream I want although I prefer to let them run to the end or if they repeat themselves I tend to just push them to a conclusion, I also don’t forget them which is why I can follow them in this awareness.

Stonehenge is the second of three messages that I have followed thus far, the first one is an out of body experience to Salisbury cathedral……….. this is how it goes…

I am floating yet sense no body,
I seem to follow a set course as if I know where Im going
there was no concern for an ending
the sense of time is no more and feel very much at home
above the soup of thoughts that invades the mind.
I am at peace in the unknown

I see myself sat on a park seat near Salisbury cathedral,
the cold wind is blowing and leaves dance in the fading light in front of me.
I can feel the curve of the seat as I sit down
I marvel at how I seem to be a part of this strange world
yet feel at ease and distanced

As I sit there and wait for reasons untold to me
a woman approaches and sits down besides me
I feel as thought I should know her, her presence felt yet
no words are spoken as if we were strangers meeting for the first time
I feel its time to go
I get up to go and find myself awake in bed..

I visited this one spot a few months later to find a lunar disc in place of the blowing leaves……………. And I quote…

‘Sitting on the lawn outside Salisbury Cathedral west entrance is an onyx disc called Lunar Disc I, by Emily Young. (it can be Googled)

The sculpture is made of "one billion year old, semi translucent onyx" and stands around six feet high on its plinth.

Emily Young explained "the disc is synonymous in my mind with both the oneness of the universe, of our planet and all who inhabit it, and the unutterable wonder of nature and creation. When the sun shines through it, in the early morning or in the evening, a halo of golden light appears around the edge. It is not an image of man, but an image of the provenance of man.".’

From Wikipedia

Provenance, from the French provenir, "to come from", means the origin, or the source, of something

As far As I know Emily Young is no longer with us, so may God bless her soul for being there on my first of three messages

Would it be prudent for me to say Emily was showing me her work for some reason to understand or comprehend the origin of man ?

The second one is of course Stonehenge. Like the first message It pretty much follows the poem I wrote above. I am directed to go there without a meaning of why or how other than to reactivate the stones.

I chose the solstice because you can go through the stones and touch them, sit down between them and contemplate. Some 38 thousand people turned up!! To celebrate, lol. security is tight and police were out in some numbers but as a whole it is a very enjoyable experience.

I didn’t stay for the sunrise, I sensed I need only to attend to the stones for a few hours, while there I have some mixed feelings some of sadness and time being wasted, the stones themselves are cracked in places which from my deep feeling of this place was caused by some incomprehensible force other than weathering, but there is an underlying energy of unconditional love that resonates from the stones themselves.

Whereby one man and woman fall so helplessly in love with each other Stonehenge activates that same love for all…. deep within, it is not for I to judge another but to seek only love in all

while there I am overwhelmed with the truth of love, a love that asks for nothing other than to be acknowledged and accepted in your heart and then projected out to others

Stonehenge was created with incomprehensible and utter pure love, although I expect the builders of Stonehenge did die in its construction it was done in the light of love knowing its purpose

Coming from all over the world, people just turned up to see a sunrise that would or could have happened anywhere else in the world, all they had to do was wake up and see a sunrise from out of there own window

This is what surprises me the most………….

They too were asked in a dream to come here

Now that is mind boggling!!!!!

Man together is unstoppable. Man divided is conquered, this love I speak of is the gel that will bring man back together… as one

It is happening right now and will be the next third and final message that I speak off.

This is yet to come……

David

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  01:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by davidg

For many years I looked for grace
Although it was in this very same place

I didn't think to look within
I couldn't see for all my sins

Blinded by this doubtful mind
I sought refuge in the big outside

I have my spade so deeper I went
into this world of illusion...

Now you may wonder where did I go,
what did I do, and what do I know

All I can tell you is I'm still here...
making up my own karma.

One day I did sigh, sat down and did cry
please Lord tell me no lies.

I want to know the meaning of life
but which way do I turn?

I was told to look deep inside
which the mind denied it has really tried.

But now I know there's more to life
than digging my own grave...

You hear your fear, its drawing near
You turn to run and hide

many times has this been done
throughout your entire life.

Now the mind is tired and weary
with being on the run

the ego is deflated
finding running not much fun

you stop and turn to see your fear
its running very fast.

You realise its not stopping
as its heading for a crash

You stand there boldly waiting
for it to end your life

You feel as though your dieing
as it cuts through like a knife

You see it passing through you
and your fear it does go

You sit there in stunned wonder
What did you just go through?

David

Oh, Alice, dear where have you been?
So near, so far or in between?
What have you heard what have you seen?
Alice, Alice, please, Alice!

Oh, tell us are you big or small
To try this one or try them all
It's such a long, long way to fall
Alice, Alice, oh, Alice

How can you know this way not that?
You choose the door you choose the path
Perhaps you should be coming back
Another day, another day

And nothing is quite what is seems
You're dreaming are you dreaming, oh, Alice?
(Oh, how will you find your way? Oh, how will you find your way?)
(There's not time for tears today. There's no time for tears today.)

So many doors... how did you choose
So much to gain so much to lose
So many things got in your way
No time today, no time today
Be careful not to lose your head
Just think of what the doormouse said... Alice!

Did someone pull you by the hand?
How many miles to Wonderland?
Please tell us so we'll understand
Alice... Alice... Oh, Alice

Watched 'Alice in Wonderland' yesterday.

Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  6:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As my wife and I walked alongside the river we observed on the banks and in the river bed is strewn with broken bikes, shopping trolleys and car parts, even sofas and bed mattresses are home to the limited life that is struggling to survive there,

there is even glass bottles, shopping bags, even waste from a nearby factory... yet

amongst all this pollution one flower prevails, all its beauty and vibrant colour out of context with its surrounding.

As we walked on my wife remarked on the sorry state of the river, to which I replied 'there is also beauty and wonder' and pointed to the one flower, remarking 'This one inspires me to seek beauty in everything even if all else fails too'

she thought me mad untill i told her... 'i am a mirror in which i see a reflection of an inner flower blooming within my own essences,' still thought i was mad so said, 'i would never recognise beauty in that flower if it first did not reside within,

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  01:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

As my wife and I walked alongside the river we observed on the banks and in the river bed is strewn with broken bikes, shopping trolleys and car parts, even sofas and bed mattresses are home to the limited life that is struggling to survive there,

there is even glass bottles, shopping bags, even waste from a nearby factory... yet

amongst all this pollution one flower prevails, all its beauty and vibrant colour out of context with its surrounding.

As we walked on my wife remarked on the sorry state of the river, to which I replied 'there is also beauty and wonder' and pointed to the one flower, remarking 'This one inspires me to seek beauty in everything even if all else fails too'

she thought me mad untill i told her... 'i am a mirror in which i see a reflection of an inner flower blooming within my own essences,' still thought i was mad so said, 'i would never recognise beauty in that flower if it first did not reside within,

Oh, David, dear I loved what you wrote
Amongst the pile of rust a flower rose

Your lines of love have touched my heart
But did the flower said anything about you at all?
David, David, oh, David

I wonder if this is what it said:
You're dreaming are you dreaming, oh, David?

Nothing is quite what is seems
Flowers, bikes or a messy stream

Be careful not to lose your head
Just think of what the wifey said... David!

Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  05:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a dreamers dream i did have
it did not matter if its good or bad
i saw order in all that chaos
and blessed it with my thoughts

tracys thoughts are just as valid
there is this stuff that the rose had managed
to grow amonst great adversity

like a dream i could have wanted
desired to have it, become atached to it
who am i to decide its fate
while my dream is still alive

i just noted it was there
like the blooming of the mind
it cared to show me whats inside
the love and beauty that it resides

along a path the same river flows
it did rise a thorny rose
like the phenix out of the fire

anew hope arises of love and beauty
filled all my sences
with unbound pure energy

strenght courage and determination
flowing beauty and compassion,
unbound love beyond comprehension....

a dreamers dream or a warriors path

thank you for inspiring me manigma
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  3:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
its been but a flicker of time since i last posted here,
it is but the time it takes for a flame to move in its own essence,
a make-believe... is it real to your sences,
it still burns the moment you touch it.
its warmth.... yes.... it offers comforting feelings, oh my,
still, best you keep your distance
just incase you stumble upon your chosen path..

Edited by - davidg on Apr 17 2011 4:09:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  4:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As i lazily gaze out to sea, the surface is a shimmering calm, a light warm breeze cross my face as the fading sun changes colour so does the millions of light reflections in the sea, little dancing lights of sweet nothings pass before my eyes.

i look to the horizon, the earths curve is visable........... the silence within, ohhhhhh

with distance i can see more,
the silent whisper of a voiceless sound
echos in the emptiness within
ohhhh how the sun speaks to me
its golden rays so warm..

a reflection of what... is
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  06:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
thank you for inspiring me manigma

Here is some more inspiration:

A man asked Lao Tzu, "Can I follow you when you go on your morning walk?"

Lao Tzu said, "Yes, but with one condition: no talking."

The man agreed. For one hour continuously they walked in the mountains, and the man was really in difficulty. He was controlling and controlling and controlling. Many times the man wanted to say something, but knowing Lao Tzu, looking at him, he controlled himself. But when the sun started rising and it was so beautiful, the temptation was so much that he forgot all about what Lao Tzu had said. He said, "Look! What a beautiful morning!"

And Lao Tzu said, "That's the end! Never again come with me -- you chatter too much!"

The man said, "What?! I have simply said 'What a beautiful dawn!' after one hour, and you are telling me, 'You chatter too much!"

Lao Tzu said, "Yes, you chatter too much and unnecessarily, because I have got eyes, I am also seeing the beautiful dawn. What is the point of repeating it? Do you think I am blind? Do you think I am insensitive? Do you have to say it to me? I know it is beautiful, so what is the point of saying it?"

"I am also here." In fact, the man who said "The morning is beautiful" was not there. He was repeating, it was a reaction.

When you respond, words may not be needed at all, or sometimes they may be needed. It will depend on the situation, but they will not necessarily be there; they may be, they may not be.

Response is of the heart. Response is a feeling, not a thought. You are thrilled: seeing a rose flower something starts dancing in you, something is stirred at the deepest core of your being. Something starts opening inside you. The outer flower challenges the inner flower, and the inner flower responds: this is responsibility of the heart. And if you are not engaged in trivialities, you will have enough energy, abundant energy, to have this inner dance of the heart. When energy is dissipated in thoughts, your feelings are starved. Thoughts are parasites: they live on the energy which is really for the feelings, they exploit it.

Thoughts are like leakages in your being: they take your energy out. Then you are like a pot with holes -- nothing can be contained in you, you remain poor. When there are no thoughts your energy is contained inside, its level starts rising higher and higher. You have a kind of fullness. In that fullness the heart responds. And then life is poetry, then life is music, and then only can you do the miracle of making deeds prove your words, not before it. Then you don't only say "I love you", your very existence proves the love. Then your words are not impotent words; they have a soul to them. And to live like that is the only life worth living: when your words and your deeds correspond, when your words and deeds are not opposites, when your words are full of your sincerity, when whatsoever you say you are.

Before that, you live in a kind of split: you say one thing, you do another. You remain schizophrenic. The whole humanity is schizophrenic unless one comes to this point where words and deeds are no more separate, but two aspects of the same phenomenon. You say what you feel, you feel what you say, you do what you say, you say what you do. One can simply watch you and will see the authenticity of your being.

The Secret of Secrets Vol. 2
http://www.oshoworld.com/e-books/se...search_title

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000