Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 More Orgasms Versus more sperm loss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  10:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lets say I have four orgasms in a day. Each successful orgasm will be of less sperm loss. Compare this to having four orgasms in a week spaced equally. More sperm loss in the 2nd case overall. Which of these two cases is more hurting to yogic progress?

1. More hurting in the 2nd case coz of more sperm loss?
2. More hurting in the 1st case coz the body doesnt have enough sperm resource and we forced it for an orgasm?
3. Are both equal because only orgasmic experiences matter and not the amount of sperm loss

The reason I am asking this question is to know if it is okay to have an occasional bad day and let it go as worst as possible (ex. 4 orgasms in a day) and correct it in future by being more strict (like no loss for the next one month).

Thanks, Near

Genes are a result of karma RATHER THAN A CAUSE OF IT - Yogani

Edited by - nearoanoke on Mar 21 2006 10:22:19 PM

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  11:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Near,

I notice less than 100% energy levels in the root chakra (to a lesser extent 2nd chakra) for 48 to 72 hours after orgasm. If I have more than one in a day the loss is a little greater for the first 24 hours but seems to still come back by the same 48 to 72 hour time period. Blocking reduces this to 24 to 48 hours depending on the duration of the session and no orgasm but an extended tantric session takes about 8 to 24 hours for full recovery for me.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  11:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I temd to feel that if I let it go i don't worry about letting it go a second time as long as it is not forced because it feels healthy to have complete satisfaction rather than trying to hold a little back. i like to let it all go fully but then take some time to recharge. If I have one orgasm and still feel like I want more then it can feel irritating.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  12:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If I have one orgasm and still feel like I want more then it can feel irritating.

work on pulling the energy before and at orgasm northward. it's not that hard to do, just requires bhakti and presence of mind. And once you do, the intensity level re: the sexual end of the orgasm won't matter a bit, because the heart is a much more satisfying conductor of this energy anyway.

In fact, the intensity level will soon matter so little that it'll be a cinch to integrate yogani's hold back method or to develop vajroli mudra. The downward/outward stuff will feel like a superfluous detail.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  4:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nearanoke asked:
1. More hurting in the 2nd case coz of more sperm loss?
2. More hurting in the 1st case coz the body doesnt have enough sperm resource and we forced it for an orgasm?

My belief is that, if it is a given that you will have four orgasms, having them all in one day of a week will usually be better than having four per week. But it won't necessarily be better for that one day of course!

I wouldn't just think in terms of sperm loss -- instead, ask, what will my energy levels be like during that week?
In the all-in-one-day case, your energy levels will get lower on that day due to the four orgasms as opposed to one, but the losses will also start to diminish after the first orgasm. But you will regenerate almost as quickly as in the case when you had only one orgasm, as Anthem said and I can confirm. So after day 2, you are ahead in the all-in-one-day regime.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 10 2006 9:23:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  11:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
agrees with david
Go to Top of Page

bindu

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  9:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say that from experience i totally disagree. having a second ejaculation is extremely harmful to health especially if it follows the first one in a short period of time (taoists write about this). Four times a day-thats just insanely stuiped besides how good could that feel there would be so little semen. Look anything extreme is damaging to health. Think about it four times a week is much healthier then four times a day because at least the body has time to recharge partially. I have horrible experience with handling lust, I know how hard it is to stop the urge, but if you need to let it go let it go dont have sex with lust on your mind or masturbate to lusty thoughts or images because you have already deceided you want to ejaculate, dont go for a long time with lust on your mind just stop or let it go. Any extreme sexual practices can destroy the body, just like extreme abuse of drugs. Is it better to get drunk four times a day or four times a week? Which will kill you faster?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  12:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bindu, I would certainly agree that four times a day every day would be much more harmful than four times a week. What we were saying was if you had 4 in one week it would feel healthier to have them all the same day and then spend the rest of the week recharging. In my own experience it is usually 2 to 3 weeks between ejaculations but when I do release my body often feels the need for a second one to fully empty and start the cycle over.

Edited by - Victor on Jun 10 2006 6:32:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  3:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bindu said:
having a second ejaculation is extremely harmful to health especially if it follows the first one in a short period of time (taoists write about this)

Bindu, this in itself sounds like an extreme opinion. I don't believe it myself. Not as you put it. What exactly is going to go wrong with the health of a person who does this?

However, it is possible that it is quite depleting for some men.

Men do vary quite a lot in how much 'energy' they lose in orgasm. One pattern is clear -- as a man gets older it takes him longer to recharge than it did when he was young. But the matter varies quite a lot man-to-man. For example, from what one of my friends told me when he was in his twenties years ago, I recharge faster now at 40 than he did in his twenties.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 10 2006 7:05:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000