Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Semen rising at the root
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brighteyes

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  10:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Okay, so I have a great deal of semen rising at the root. It is constant and the effects are so far very noticeable. I managed to get this rising by doing tantric masturbation practices, so when I orgasm, all of my semen is drawn up into the bladder. Now semen is constantly flowing upwards. There is usually a great deal of semen in my urine.

My question is, should I continue with this masturbatory practice, since it got me to the point I am now? Or should I stop, become celibate, and let the natural flow of kundalini do its thing? Does anyone else have this experience?

Also, if anyone else does have this flowing upwards, how has your sex drive been affected? Mine seems much, much lower. It used to be raging, but now it is very low. I am trying to deduce if it is because of what I just mentioned, or something else.

Edited by - brighteyes on Mar 20 2011 10:40:59 PM

Anakletos4

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  11:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cut the practice, or don't orgasm!

I'd basically prevent ejaculation to the point where my sex drive was almost too high to handle, but now I try not to force anything so my sex drive follows a better course.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  5:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brighteyes,

You can carry on with your tantric practices if you wish, or become celibate. It's your choice. If you reach the point where orgasm is drawing all your semen into your bladder then it is not a problem. Gradually you will find that the semen is drawn higher and higher through the body, not only with orgasm, but during spiritual practices and throughout the day also. From the bladder it will be drawn up through the GI tract and into the stomach. From there it will become transformed into soma and begin to flow up further... into the head.

You literally become a fountain of immortal joy, dripping ecstasy in a way that is palpable to people around you.

If you have not read it yet, I would recommend Yogani's small book on Diet as it covers this process well.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Brighteyes,

You can carry on with your tantric practices if you wish, or become celibate. It's your choice. If you reach the point where orgasm is drawing all your semen into your bladder then it is not a problem. Gradually you will find that the semen is drawn higher and higher through the body, not only with orgasm, but during spiritual practices and throughout the day also. From the bladder it will be drawn up through the GI tract and into the stomach. From there it will become transformed into soma and begin to flow up further... into the head.

You literally become a fountain of immortal joy, dripping ecstasy in a way that is palpable to people around you.

If you have not read it yet, I would recommend Yogani's small book on Diet as it covers this process well.

All the best

Christi

Hi Christi,
What you have said just doesn't make any sense to me. I thought the kundalini (sexual energy) is supposed to go up the spine or sushumna? Isn't what you've described more of a front channel path? That's not my only issue..

Wouldn't any semen that is present in the bladder simply be eliminated through urination? I cannot conceive of a bladder full of semen such that it continues it's way back up through the organs. And wouldn't the uric acid in the urine eventually just dissolve the semen if one could keep from urinating for a few days?

And, it wouldn't go up the GI tract (if it could), it would go into the kidneys first (if it could...and, the kidneys are not part of the GI tract). I shudder to think what adverse effects plugged kidneys would have on the body..

And then into the stomach? What about stomach acid? If it could get that far up there (which it couldn't possibly), wouldn't the stomach acid dissolve/digest it?

And what is propelling the semen upwards? Is it fluidic pressure from the store of semen as it pushed it's way up through the kidneys, and stomach? I just can't believe this.

What you've described in your post is incredulous to me.

Here are some simple anatomy diagrams.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudisea...yoururinary/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...stinal_tract

According to what I've read about Taoist practices, the purpose of not having any sex at all (100 days retention) is to cause the sperm to disintegrate and be reabsorbed by the body. But it would be reabsorbed through the blood stream.

The other benefit of abstaining from ejaculation is that once the testes and prostrate are full of their respective contents, the body is not supposed to need to produce any more of those substances hence it uses it's specialized nutrients for healing and to construct brain matter and spinal fluid instead.

I'm dumbfounded by your statements..
Further, I cannot see any benefit to training the ejaculate to enter the bladder. Are these practices documented by any credible guru?

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  05:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

There are two different processes which happen. They are related but not the same. One is the activation, and rising of kundalini, and the other is the process of sexual sublimation and transmutation. The kundalini process is an energetic process from start to finish, whereas the sublimation of sexual fluids is a process which starts out with the physical (semen for men, and similar sexual fluids for women), passes through the purely energetic as soma, and ends with a mixture of energetic and physical as ojas and amrita.

Kundalini energy awakens through the spine, or up through the centre of the body.

Sexual fluids are drawn up into the bladder through a process called vajroli. These sexual fluids are eliminated during urination, but of course we don't urinate all the time, and the process of vajroli continues when we are not urinating. The uric acid in the urine does not break down all the sexual fluids. Sexual fluids are drawn up higher into the body through the continuation of this process. These sexual fluids are transformed into a magical energetic substance called soma. The soma rises higher up through the energy body (pranamayakosha). As it reaches the head the soma is transformed into two more substances, ojas and amrita. The ojas drips down from the crown on the outside of the skull and has a physical component to it. Amrita drips down from the bindu chakra into the vishuddha chakra and from there down to the manipura chakra.

The GI track and the stomach are involved in this process of magical transformation, and air and food are involved also. The manipura chakra plays a role too, as the physical is transformed into the spiritual.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you the exact route through the body that the sexual fluids take, or at what point the physical is transformed into the purely energetic (prana). Maybe one day the scientists will work it all out. All I can tell you is what I experience happening here.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Mar 22 2011 5:06:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  5:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI

p.s.

On credible gurus... Sivananda wrote about this process of sexual sublimation and transformation, although I could not tell you in which of his 200 odd books he mentioned it.

Yogani has also explained the process in a fair amount of detail:

http://www.aypsite.org/133.html

http://www.aypsite.org/T62.html

http://www.aypsite.org/304.html

Christi

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  9:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, et al...

Currently I am retaining the semen for two weeks, and studying the writings of Mantak Chia. I will keep the conscious effort to work on retention because of its very obvious energetic effect. Since using the microcosmic orbit and "cool draw" plus "big draw" techniques described by Chia, I am now finding semen in my urine after I get the slightest bit sexually aroused. Natural vajroli - a good thing. But Chia is pretty hard-lined about semen retention, and he considers any semen loss to be a loss of life force. So I have a few questions... should I be concerned about losing the semen through urination? Is it the result of incorrect practice? Or is it an unavoidable step in the process of higher sublimation of sexual essences?

Also, if the semen in the bladder is rising up to higher organs, should I try to hold it there in the bladder for a longer period of time after being aroused? Is this natural vajroli -> bladder -> urine really a semen loss? Or is it sublimated semen? Is there a way to not lose it once it is in the bladder?

To be honest, I like to pee freely, comfort is big on my list for life. I also can't imagine giving up sexual arousal just to save a few sperms. Sorry I asked a ton of questions. Just wondering your general thoughts and experiences on the evolution of sublimation in the body, and whether semen loss of this type is of any importance.

Edited by - JDH on Apr 14 2012 10:09:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  07:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH,

You don't need to worry about going to the toilet at all. Just take a pee whenever you need to. It is very rare that loss of semen in the urine results in a loss of prana. After you pee, the process of natural vajroli will continue, more semen will be drawn up and converted into soma, and so on.

The whole process is automatic, so there is really no need to give it any attention. All you need to do is remain celibate or pre-orgasmic, and do your yoga. Everything else follows automatically from that.
Go to Top of Page

shailkgarg

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  11:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Brighteyes,

All the best

Christi

Dear Christi,
It is sad that you are totally misinformed about sublimation of semen by kundalini shakti. You must seek help of some professional guy.
I never rises to bladder & GI tract. Process is totally different.

Regards, Shailendra (Haridwar, India)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000