Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 just thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  4:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!
We all reach a stage when we are no more satisfied with temporary treats n seek to merge with the Self!
if we all merge with the Self...who'll reborn?
are we putting an end to this life cycle?
what will happen next!do we even know the answer?
Peace

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  4:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Delara

My intro to awakening to Self happened as I was grieving infertility with my wife. We have no children. My inner sense is that my body/mind will exit the cycle at death. When I ask who'll be reborn, I think of all the people on the planet:

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

That is a lot of people! Kind of mind-boggling when I sit with all the people.

Be

Edited by - bewell on Mar 07 2011 4:49:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  6:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This can be difficult to comprehend. There is no other. It is as it has always been. When you want the illusion to continue you grieve for the loss of the illusion because it appears as the end of self.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  6:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
is there a difference between ---thoughts.....and -----just thoughts

I am not too sure of the Self, although I must admit that when I say "the Self alone is real:" from RM, it makes me wonder.
Bewell, thanks for sharing a very intimate detail about the infertility, and your grieving with your wife. If I had the ability I would share my son with you and your wife.(or would like to share him, if that would lessen the grief or bring a smile.
I will share about him more maybe in other posts. There are some people who probably would make great parents and don't have the opportunity.

I don't know If I have realized that I am not satisfied with so called temporary treats, but that I clearly see that I have jumped from treat to treat all along somehow albeit, food, distractions, relations, etc. and so far....I have yet to abopt the language of merging with the Self....but continually notice that I am always here or the experience of me is here- whether happy , mad, sad, sleepy,...boring, exciting, etc.

no wonder buddha sat under the bodhi tree alone!!! he wanted to get away from the people!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  11:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara
if we all merge with the Self...who'll reborn?

But we are all already merged in the Self.

Its just that you think you are not.

Birth and Death belongs to your mind/ego. Rivers, Oceans, Rain, Ice, Snow... different names/forms, but all Water!

One can only tell how to free oneself from Maya, but one cannot say why Maya creates a universe. He who gets knowledge of the Self having overcome Maya, the illusory power, will alone know what Maya is, how it arises and is destroyed. The why, what and how of Maya can be known only by one who has transcended Maya and has entered the Glory of the Self. Others can merely speculate over it, but cannot solve the riddle, for the instrument or the mechanism of human knowledge is centred in his psychological organ which is a modification of Maya itself. Real religion begins when the intellect stops working.
~Moksha Gita

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Bewell for sharing your personal experience.Many children bring misery to their parents.So thank God for everything!
thanx karl,sagabrush n manigma for your valuable comments!
little background from where I'm coming:
I've started DM last july and i'm keeping it up for I'm happy with the peace it brought into my life.Apart from that I'm generally a skeptical person and I've always considered my logical mind to be my best friend!
The observer mode I've been using to watch my thoughts n feeling(that's why i said just thoughts sageBrush!) has automatically turned its attention to the observer itself!
Peace
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000