AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 "I am free from suffering"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  01:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just arrived back home from doing a 3hr "The Work" workshop. In this workshop I picked two statements to do the work on. One was, "I am free from suffering" (I picked this statement because I have actually been believing this). This statement and the resulting "Work" that followed was incredibly revealing for me and I wanted to share what I realized.

I started with the first question, "Is it true?"

I dropped the statement in Silence and allowed the answer to arise..... "No, it is not true that I am free from suffering."

So, I moved on to the, "How do I react/feel/what happens when I believe this thought." Again I dropped this question into Silence and allowed the answer to arise from within. What I got was this; "I feel superior, ego inflated and like I have all the answers. I feel fake, I begin to question/second guess myself, and I feel like others are judging me." Here I began to cry as you may well imagine.

From there I moved on to the fourth question in Katie's "The Work"...."Who would I be without this thought?" Once again I dropped the question into Silence and waited for the answer to arise....which it did. The answer was; "I would just be me.....but absolutely free."

Then I turned my statement around. "I am not free from suffering." This is when the release happened. In allowing myself the freedom to suffer, I lost the suffering. What a paradox! In believing that I am free from suffering I found that I WAS suffering. In allowing myself the freedom TO suffer, I lost the suffering. There was freedom.

To me, this is a great weight lifted off of my shoulders. I am not free from suffering. I am free to suffer. What a joy!

Love!

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Big thank you
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And lots of love towards you and your lovely family [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely Carson, thanks
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  12:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Carson.

Tusen takk

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  1:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, acceptance, simple to understand and difficult to practice with all the mirrors of the mind refracting the truth and bending it into multi forms.

Good learning.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  8:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
...I feel like others are judging me." Here I began to cry as you may well imagine.

Carson

Good work! You're a trail-blazer in my little map of the woods. I laughed with recognition when I read this line:

"..I feel like others are judging me.' Here I began to cry as you may well imagine."

Yes, I can relate.

I saw Byron Katie do what she does once for about an hour when she visited DC. Thanks for refreshing my memory of "the work."

Be

Edited by - bewell on Feb 19 2011 05:40:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  1:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing carson. beautiful
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000