Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Moving forward
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  03:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
You know for months I have been experiencing the annoying kundalini warm flushing and those prickly sensations,etc. I now have self-paced for 2 weeks, dramatically, with dramatic improvement. I only have 1 or 2 per day, and only barely noticeable.

My situation has now changed, and I don´t know if it is bipolar or not, but I am having some mild depression and irritability. I am taking adequate rest following my sessions and grounding activities.

I feel ready to resume my former practices, indeed need to to clear up these symptoms, but of course slowly, one at a time. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
nirmal

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  08:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,
I think you replied to my post about AYP causing depression. I also had mild irritability, so it sounds as though our conditions were fairly similar.

I found the most useful grounding technique to clear out these problems is cardio exercise: running, jogging, press-ups, generally working out.

This helped a lot to clear up the problem for me.

hope this helps.

Josh
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  08:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

I found the most useful grounding technique to clear out these problems is cardio exercise: running, jogging, press-ups, generally working out.

Hi Nirmal,
I will agree with Josh on this.
Make sure you do some vigorous exercise, this will help with the grounding.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  10:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok Josh and Shanti, so you think it´s ok to move forward, very slowly? I saw my therapist today and she thinks it´s the bipolar, as we are in the midst of an antidepressant change.(duh!) I really want to, and really miss the benefits the add ons gave me. Ananda seems to think I should self-pace for 2 months.

For me, vigorous exercise will be a long brisk wall, or working out in the yard or gardening.

Thanks!
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  11:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Ananda seems to think I should self-pace for 2 months.

At least, and do some more self pacing also

Physical exercise is great

You have to realize that you have reached a state where less is more and you should be careful...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  7:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On the path of self pacing... Try listening to music. Use something relaxing and just listen. Don't think, just listen. Music has the power to sooth the savage beast (or busy ego). You know you are on the right path when the music gets louder.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  01:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can anybody else give me their perspective on moving forward with my practices?

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  03:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lolzz hope you've asked Yogani, I'll be going to India tomorrow so I might be away for a few days.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  03:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

Would it alter your perception if I told you that I was stable in siddhasana,(validated by Yogani) experiencing ecstatic rushes easily controlled by going within to stillness to pure bliss consciousness? No, I haven´t written Yogani yet.

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nirmal,

sorry if I intruded where I shouldn't, you just remind me of my old self a couple of years back where I used to experience ecstasy and bliss+inner silence and love in tons throughout most of the day... And was going full bhakti ahead dead on but then payed the price by having too much overloading symptoms later.

Just helped where I could and thought help was needed, with paying attention about your condition and about the possibility of delayed overloading symptoms for you. But my last reply wasn't my right to post because I wasn't asked and I am sorry about that.

I wish you all the best on the path you chose.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Ananda, so you think all is o.k.?! I just discovered something, and I am really embarassed to admit it, but here in Germany they don´t heat all the rooms, usually only the living room during the day. So I wrap up in the rest of the house. In the course of the day, I really get the energy flowing,(I tend to get manic when it comes to cleaning! Maybe this can be considered grounding)so I have spells where I heat up where I think it is kundalini when most likely it is from the exertion and change of temperature! Boy, sometimes I can be unaware!

Out of curosity, what was the price that you paid?
Love,peace andlight,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Insane suffering for almost a month or so... Did lots of self pacing before things calmed down. I learned to self pace correctly under Yogani's instructions the hard way but in the end all went good. I don't wish for others to go through what I went through and this is why I advise caution when kundalini is in full swing and one is taking on advanced practices...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  08:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,you still didn´t say you think I am ready to move forward. I want to hear it from your lips after so much advice from you!
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  10:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't need me to tell you anything, plus you already know what I think. I think you should take it easy and self pace. But of course you know yourself better, so feel free to break through, open your third eye whatever you feel like. I just gave some advise, it might help later who knows.

Take care [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  10:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.s: Thank you for being honest about the heating problem
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  1:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

Thanks! I can listen to all of the advice in the world, but ultimately it is up to me to make the decision.

Right or wrong, who knows? only time will tell.

Again, thanks for your support and encouragement.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  03:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

Yes, I did write to Yogani and he concured with my reasoning to move forward, slowly,being mindful of causes of and effects and that these symptoms were a sign of purification and opening.

We shall see what we shall see.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  08:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi from bahrain i just arrived here, and very good then. Onward with safety :-)
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  11:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,
Be extremely careful.
love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  03:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi from India now :-), and much thanks[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  07:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ananda.

My prayers and loving is with you.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  03:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Thanks Ananda.

My prayers and loving is with you.
_/\_

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000