AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga and Relationships
 Insight Dialogue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  9:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

I want to share about an exciting new development in my process, exciting for me anyway. It started at the AYP Retreat at Mench Mill, Pennsylvania when Katrine introduced us to an interpersonal meditation technique called Insight Dialog (the British spelling is "Dialogue"). It involves deep listening to another person without interruption and with space allowed for pauses. There is more to it than that, but that is a start. The method is described clearly on the web page here:
http://www.metta.org/index.php?opti...=2&Itemid=37

I brought the technique home and introduced it to some friends. Today, my wife and I got together with another couple for the second in a series of meetings specifically to learn and practice insight dialog. For me it is, among other things, a way of moving toward creating trusting relationships that are close, but with with reduced anxiety.

Later in the evening, I went to a dinner party and without consciously doing any insight dialog techniques, I found I was surprisingly, by my standards, non-anxious, and socially engaged. I suspect that quality of experience was in part the fruit of the practices earlier today.

Be

Edited by - bewell on Feb 13 2011 10:02:06 PM

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  01:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

Metta

I remember the word was carved on the wooden beam above my bed at Mensch Mill. I had been sleeping under it the whole time

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  02:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

quote:
Originally posted by bewell

Metta .... carved on the wooden beam above my bed at Mensch Mill. I had been sleeping under it the whole time

That's crazy-truth man!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  03:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell

That's great - thanks so much for sharing this

Yes - Insight Dialogue is a beautiful practice, it was a great revelation for me when Sparkle (bless him) introduced it to me on the AYP retreat in Glendalough, Ireland in 2009. Since then I have enjoyed witnessing many wonderful openings (here and "out there") during Insight Dialogues. And after doing the ID teacher training with Gregory Kramer (the founder of Insight Dialogue) on a retreat in Tullow in Ireland early summer of 2010....it also led to being able to lead ID group sessions.

It is always an incredible blessing to be able to take part in it - and I am sure the people you have exposed it to will enjoy the same revelations.

It is great that you are passing it on
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  03:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And much Metta to you Cosmic
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  4:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Katrine

Love to you both (all).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000